A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 08:38 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: A message from Seth
(08-07-2013 08:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Wait, are priest pedo jokes off the table as well? I ain't trying to be controversial, just want to clarify the censorship rule.

Seth Wrote:...unless that thread is dedicated solely to its exposure and eradication and the prosecution of its offenders.

Yeah I would like to know as well. I assume not.

I think shaming the church for it's actions is probably safe within the grounds of 'eradication and prosecution of offenders', but I'm admittedly probably being a little uncouth at this juncture.

If I need to be removing/refraining from that "Just say the word and it shall be done."

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM
(08-07-2013 06:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:36 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Actually, this comment you just made can be considered such. I asked you a valid question. This is the only way you can respond?

Let me remind you that it is not I that brought the subject of censorship up first. I was asleep when all of this went down. I was ready to thank Seth and move on after his post. But the replies that followed Seth were:

"I disagree with Seth and think this is censorship, but his word is final and I'm okay with that."

And here you are, after my having questioned that rationale, telling us to move on. Yet, you had to add at the end of that remark that you are against the censorship. You effectively did not take your own advice.

That's a negative ghost rider. I don't agree with a lot of rules that I follow, and encourage others to follow. I don't smoke pot, but I still voice my political views that are in opposition. You can call me a hypocrite if you you wish, but that is not trolling. Trolling is trying to get people riled up for the sake of doing so. I didn't do that. You on the other hand I have serious doubts about. By your definition of trolling anytime anyone did something under protest they would be trolling. I accept the ruling, but I do not agree with it. At this point in time there is no point in arguing further, at least that is what I believe, and that is what I am saying.

Also you shouldn't use quote marks unless it is a direct quote. It is the same spirit as my post, but you paraphrased. 'This is fine' "This is not fine"

Wait, I'm awake right? I'm getting Punk'd aren't I?

1) I never called you a hypocrite. I said you didn't take the very advice you were giving. BIG difference. At most, you were hypocritical with that one comment. You told us we should move on. Great. Should have ended it there. But then you added your 2 cents about how you disagree with the ruling. That's not moving on sir. That's telling everyone else to move then sneaking the last word in. Last word is my thing if you haven't noticed.

2) I never defined trolling.

3) Quotes have many grammatical uses other than for the purpose of direct quotes. For example, the next thing I say could be, "Hey look at me, I'm using quotes without directly quoting anything." I wasn't paraphrasing what YOU said. I was paraphrasing what all the free speech proponents were saying.

Not sure how many times I've said this... You guys are "not" defending the "right" to free "speech." What you guys are doing is defending "the" right to have the "f"reedo"m" to speak "about a particular" topic. Because if you were defending the right, you would do so indiscriminately. Which you guys "aren't."

But it's okay. I still "love" you.

EDIT: Just read the other posts encouraging us to stop "arguing." I'd like to make it known that I'm debating. Just going back to the way things always were. A big mouth that doesn't want to let anyone else have the last word. OOMPHATHEIST!!!

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
It takes two to debate, and I ain't debating shit. Think whatever the fuck you want, I couldn't care less.

08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
(08-07-2013 08:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It takes two to debate, and I ain't debating shit. Think whatever the fuck you want, I couldn't care less.

I will. You can think whatever the fuck you want to. Shit, I don't give two red baboon asses about what you think.

Of course you aren't debating "shit." <--- did I use my quote correctly this time?

You jumped to wild conclusions and I called you out for it. When will people learn that it's just easier to admit when you are wrong about some stuff or that you misunderstood. I do it all the time. My pride still intact. Not that I had much to begin with.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 09:22 PM
(08-07-2013 08:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Wait, are priest pedo jokes off the table as well? I ain't trying to be controversial, just want to clarify the censorship rule.

They are fine.

Also, just to clarify, no-one will be immediately banned if they violate this rule. Only repeat offenders are at risk of any sort of repercussions like that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-07-2013, 09:27 PM
(08-07-2013 09:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

They are fine.

Also, just to clarify, no-one will be immediately banned if they violate this rule. Only repeat offenders are at risk of any sort of repercussions like that.

You and Ferdi should be banned for liking hot pockets. Don't you like grilled cheesy sandwich toasts too?

Good God man... come over so I can cook you a real meal.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Dark, Noah

[Image: 3017802-1280px-fap-now-kiss-l.png]
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-07-2013, 09:58 PM
(08-07-2013 09:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Dark, Noah

Pfft... no thanks. I strive for a rivalry like Superman vs Lex Luthor... Like Spiderman vs Venom...

Most of all, a rivalry like Woof vs Muffs.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
08-07-2013, 10:02 PM
(08-07-2013 09:58 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Dark, Noah

Pfft... no thanks. I strive for a rivalry like Superman vs Lex Luthor... Like Spiderman vs Venom...

Spiderman and Venom are friends now. They hate Carnage.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
08-07-2013, 10:04 PM
(08-07-2013 10:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:58 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Pfft... no thanks. I strive for a rivalry like Superman vs Lex Luthor... Like Spiderman vs Venom...

Spiderman and Venom are friends now. They hate Carnage.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Thread Closed