A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: A message from Seth
(10-07-2013 02:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  ???

Now you are the one that is putting words where they don't exist. I never said I want him dead, nor did I claim anything. I never called him a pedophile or an apologetic. I just listened to what the forum COMMUNITY has to say, then I listen to the owner of the forum and finally I have taken the side of the majority, not my own.

I didn't even rep him, because I was quite neutral concerning this whole mess. Interesting, but sometimes I know when to keep my mouth shut, even if there is no need for it.

No, I wasn't talking about you when I said those things, I was more or less making a general statement. I should have clarified.

The Majority? Have you joined the side of the majority, or just the side thats more vocal?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2013, 03:29 AM
(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Just because some people can't discuss a topic without a bitch-fit doesn't mean that topic isn't worth discussing.

I am sorry, but I am surprised by how apathetic you are being right now.

(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Most of the reps he has are discriminatory and fucking bullshit wrong (Anjele's).

Most of his negative reps are a result of his being a pedophile apologetic, despite the fact that the actions of said people result in the utter destruction of people's lives. You need to stop thinking about the feelings of this singular asshole and start trying to empathize with the pain of others who suffer because of people like him.

(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I understand that you can judge him negatively do to what he is, but I don't think you can claim shit about him, or wish him to die for being what he is.

I can certainly claim all I want about him. He has provided nearly his entire worldview on his own profile, and I read all of it. I disagree with his beliefs concerning the issue, it being both illegal and immoral. Who are you to tell me, or anyone else, that we don't have the right to judge him?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-07-2013, 03:46 AM
(10-07-2013 03:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Just because some people can't discuss a topic without a bitch-fit doesn't mean that topic isn't worth discussing.

I am sorry, but I am surprised by how apathetic you are being right now.

(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Most of the reps he has are discriminatory and fucking bullshit wrong (Anjele's).

Most of his negative reps are a result of his being a pedophile apologetic, despite the fact that the actions of said people result in the utter destruction of people's lives. You need to stop thinking about the feelings of this singular asshole and start trying to empathize with the pain of others who suffer because of people like him.

(10-07-2013 01:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I understand that you can judge him negatively do to what he is, but I don't think you can claim shit about him, or wish him to die for being what he is.

I can certainly claim all I want about him. He has provided nearly his entire worldview on his own profile, and I read all of it. I disagree with his beliefs concerning the issue, it being both illegal and immoral. Who are you to tell me, or anyone else, that we don't have the right to judge him?

Did you look at the very quote you quoted? I never said you DON'T have the right to JUDGE him. I said I understand that you do. Also, if you had been there, and read the thread, you would know that he was NOT advocating sex with minors, quite the fucking contrary. He was saying that he was in agreement that it harms children, and that it shouldn't happen.

There was no apologetics in the thread, he was DEFINING pedophilia, he wasn't Advocating it.

You called him a cunt for having an attraction to children, for a thought, you can certainly claim that right, in fact, its something I would expect you to do.

You betray the ignorance of what exactly the thread was about, and what this USER was about. You based your claim off of reps, and some of them were quite unfair, and untrue (innocent until proven guilty.)

If you had seen the way people were tearing at him, accusing him of multiple different things, and then saying its alright because they were abused (by someone else.)

Also, pedophilia =/= child molestation. Not all pedophiles are child molesters, and not all molesters are pedophiles.

I seem to remember that you missed the thread, perhaps you would have known better, and held off your judgement if you had actually read what this guy was about. Drinking Beverage

Also, an asshole... Wow, I didn't know that, despite being well-spoken, well-written, sympathetic and not to mention accepting of the new rule, he still gets called an asshole for wanting to discuss a topic that was dear to him, and then getting dehumanized, and denied the issue, and THEN misunderstood.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-07-2013, 05:11 AM
(10-07-2013 03:16 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 02:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  ???

Now you are the one that is putting words where they don't exist. I never said I want him dead, nor did I claim anything. I never called him a pedophile or an apologetic. I just listened to what the forum COMMUNITY has to say, then I listen to the owner of the forum and finally I have taken the side of the majority, not my own.

I didn't even rep him, because I was quite neutral concerning this whole mess. Interesting, but sometimes I know when to keep my mouth shut, even if there is no need for it.

No, I wasn't talking about you when I said those things, I was more or less making a general statement. I should have clarified.

The Majority? Have you joined the side of the majority, or just the side thats more vocal?

I joined the side that was more vocal, because those, like me, that don't really give a damn, didn't have anything to say, or didn't care enough to express their opinion. Those that felt this was important and hard topic were loud and have expressed their opinion in a way that I have decided to protect them, or to try and help, to be more precise. As far as I can see, you are the only one that is loud enough to be heard about this topic, that has a different opinion. The rest either doesn't give a damn, or are OK with the choice admins made.

So, I am sorry A2, but it seems you are the only one, or one of few that wanted a different kind of solution. Also, to lose people like Deep because of one thread that is really not that great, makes no sense at all.

I think that our old contributing members have more value here than a new member that made one highly controversial thread. Specially if some of those members are directly responsible for even having this forum in the first place.

But this all matter not. Seth has spoken. End of story.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
10-07-2013, 05:41 AM
(10-07-2013 03:46 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You called him a cunt for having an attraction to children, for a thought, you can certainly claim that right, in fact, its something I would expect you to do.

Yeah, I think he is a cunt for having a sexual attraction to prepubescents. You have a problem with that?

(10-07-2013 03:46 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You betray the ignorance of what exactly the thread was about, and what this USER was about. You based your claim off of reps, and some of them were quite unfair, and untrue (innocent until proven guilty.)

I had literally just said I judged him off of his profile bio, not his reps.

(10-07-2013 03:46 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  If you had seen the way people were tearing at him, accusing him of multiple different things, and then saying its alright because they were abused (by someone else.)

That is irrelevant. I don't care how much people were tearing at him, he made the mistake of bringing up such an emotional, dangerous topic. I should have been there to read the thread, but I am not making my judgement of him based off of what was or wasn't in the thread. That is why I did not get involved in the debate about free speech. I am simply stating that his being a pedophile makes him, in my book, a dangerous cunt.

(10-07-2013 03:46 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also, pedophilia =/= child molestation. Not all pedophiles are child molesters, and not all molesters are pedophiles.

Strawman.

(10-07-2013 03:46 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I seem to remember that you missed the thread, perhaps you would have known better, and held off your judgement if you had actually read what this guy was about. Drinking Beverage

I have read his bio, I already understand what this man is about. His attraction to children is already a major turn off for me. Call be biased, but I don't expect you to care about personal experiences.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
10-07-2013, 06:12 AM

So, pedophilia is worthy of compassion, but PTSD isn't? Thread got to be nine pages before I stuck my nose in it. Discussing the topic didn't bother me; I'm not real interested, not really sympathetic, more sympathetic to those of the forum who did want to discuss the topic.

It became wrong when community members started expressing their trauma - and instead of dropping it, like a compassionate person would - guy makes out like he's the victim.

For a psychopath like me, that's him flashing his true colors. Worse thing you can do is be a victimizer playing the victim amongst the victimized. I cannot help but consider the free-speech crowd fell right into his manipulation. What reads to you like a reasoned appeal from a persecuted minority reads to me like a sociopath getting his rocks off causing anxiety. The 'tell' is, he didn't shut the fuck up.

I can applaud your intelligence and compassion, but you seem naive in the ways of the whack.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-07-2013, 06:33 AM
OMG get over it.
It's done.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Obviously, the discussion about pedophilia is back. There is at least 5 posts I could react to, but I'll make it very short.

(10-07-2013 06:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  For a psychopath like me, that's him flashing his true colors. Worse thing you can do is be a victimizer playing the victim amongst the victimized. I cannot help but consider the free-speech crowd fell right into his manipulation. What reads to you like a reasoned appeal from a persecuted minority reads to me like a sociopath getting his rocks off causing anxiety. The 'tell' is, he didn't shut the fuck up.

Are you angry with God?
10-07-2013, 06:39 AM
No it's not back, it's over. Go away.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-07-2013, 06:40 AM

Bitch-fit. That.

Complete fail on a human level.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Thread Closed