A message from Seth
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 07:36 PM
RE: A message from Seth
(07-07-2013 07:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:21 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Dude... that's offensive. The monkey deserves so much better than that.

You make a good argument.

I concede.

VICTORY!!!

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
(07-07-2013 06:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...... it exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker.

Well, there is our mission statement.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-07-2013, 07:57 PM
(07-07-2013 07:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 06:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...... it exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker.

Well, there is our mission statement.

Exactly. And 'free speech' is not our mission.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-07-2013, 07:58 PM
(07-07-2013 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, there is our mission statement.

Exactly. And 'free speech' is not our mission.

So are you in disagreement over this? Just curious, not trying to egg you on.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 08:02 PM
(07-07-2013 07:58 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Exactly. And 'free speech' is not our mission.

So are you in disagreement over this? Just curious, not trying to egg you on.

No, I don't disagree at all. Hughsie and I were talking about a mission statement for TTA a while back. And here it is, Seth provided it for us.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
(07-07-2013 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 07:58 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  So are you in disagreement over this? Just curious, not trying to egg you on.

No, I don't disagree at all. Hughsie and I were talking about a mission statement for TTA a while back. And here it is, Seth provided it for us.

Oh, I was talking about whether or not Chas is in agreement with this judgement.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-07-2013, 08:10 PM
(07-07-2013 08:05 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, I don't disagree at all. Hughsie and I were talking about a mission statement for TTA a while back. And here it is, Seth provided it for us.

Oh, I was talking about whether or not Chas is in agreement with this judgement.

Seth's letter states what I have been saying for months, but being shouted down and vilified by the absolute-freedom-of-speech crowd championed by the current admins.

I have been right, they have been wrong.

They still won't admit it.

Is that clear enough? Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-07-2013, 08:16 PM
I love how much you love telling me what Seth thinks of me, perhaps Seth doesn't need you as an official spokesman putting words in his mouth.

Maybe that's a thought. Consider

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
(07-07-2013 08:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 08:05 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Oh, I was talking about whether or not Chas is in agreement with this judgement.

Seth's letter states what I have been saying for months, but being shouted down and vilified by the absolute-freedom-of-speech crowd championed by the current admins.

I have been right, they have been wrong.

They still won't admit it.

Is that clear enough? Drinking Beverage

Quote:I don’t see the forum or social media pages as a First Amendment haven, nor have I surrendered my right to set a specific tempo for the community. I do, however, allow many unpleasant and indefensible ideas to be presented so that they can be seen, absorbed and ultimately given the white-hot light of scrutiny that the skeptical community is so well known for. In almost all cases, the good men, women and youth of the TTA community actually provide the rebukes, the refutations and the outrage these bitter pills deserve.

In a rare case, though, I do step in and pull the plug. TTA’s forum is a place of discussion, yes, and free discussion at that. However, is it NOT required to pander to everyone and everything that comes along, and ultimately, it exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker.

It's pretty clear. Seth took the time to write it out.

07-07-2013, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 08:24 PM by Percepticon.)
My opinion is that they [the admins] were interpreting Seth's wishes as best they knew how & now that they have more clear a directive from him will act accordingly.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
Thread Closed