A message to atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: A message to atheists
(20-12-2016 11:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Cool story bro, needs more dragon.

"Sins" is a religiously loaded word.

If you have not done so so far (I'm not going to read every post) what is your definition of sin and how you differentiate between sin and crime.

Is it sex without marriage a sin? Is theft for the purpose of personal survival a sin (and I mean the difference between life and death, say of food, not just the next fix) ?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2016, 08:01 AM
(21-12-2016 07:10 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 03:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I think there must be fumes in his moms basement affecting his brain.

Yeah... from gobs of drying ejaculate. Dodgy

Lols, id wager the old couch in the corner next to the computer is seriously sticky.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-12-2016, 09:12 AM
(20-12-2016 08:18 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The only reason hell matters is that adults regularly cause psychological damage to children by frightening them with it.

Nowadays we don't need fairy tales. Just turn on the news.

'Murican Canadian
21-12-2016, 11:44 AM
(21-12-2016 12:52 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You're a super idiot? Drinking Beverage

No, the silhouette of the square plane is, in a way, like a "burned" effect that is permanent and cannot be removed. Even if you delete the real square plane itself, the silhouette remains and there is no way to get rid of it (unless, of course, you are able to remove it in the computer software you have). But this metaphor would only apply to a computer software where that silhouette always remains by default and there is no way to remove it.
Super idiot it is.Thumbsup

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
21-12-2016, 12:07 PM
(21-12-2016 12:52 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:53 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You're a super idiot? Drinking Beverage

No, the silhouette of the square plane is, in a way, like a "burned" effect that is permanent and cannot be removed. Even if you delete the real square plane itself, the silhouette remains and there is no way to get rid of it (unless, of course, you are able to remove it in the computer software you have). But this metaphor would only apply to a computer software where that silhouette always remains by default and there is no way to remove it.

Help me out here guys what the fuck is he talking about? This makes no sense to me.
21-12-2016, 12:11 PM
(21-12-2016 12:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Help me out here guys what the fuck is he talking about? This makes no sense to me.

In cases like this I'm usually relieved that I don't understand it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
21-12-2016, 12:21 PM
(21-12-2016 12:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 12:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Help me out here guys what the fuck is he talking about? This makes no sense to me.

In cases like this I'm usually relieved that I don't understand it.

What I want to know is am I justified in calling him a wank stain or not ?
21-12-2016, 12:49 PM
(21-12-2016 12:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 12:52 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  No, the silhouette of the square plane is, in a way, like a "burned" effect that is permanent and cannot be removed. Even if you delete the real square plane itself, the silhouette remains and there is no way to get rid of it (unless, of course, you are able to remove it in the computer software you have). But this metaphor would only apply to a computer software where that silhouette always remains by default and there is no way to remove it.

Help me out here guys what the fuck is he talking about? This makes no sense to me.

This is what I am talking about:

(20-12-2016 01:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Something that isn't real and can't ever possibly be real doesn't fucking matter. Even if lots and lots of people think it's real and like to threaten other people with it, it's just not important and it's not a good reason to change how you live and we don't "bathe in sin" and even if we did so do many Christians and apparently they're going to Heaven b/c they bent the knee so it's not a logical system to begin with.

Many people have faced terrible consequences when they refused to follow the orders of a tyrant. Yes they could have a good life or they may die or suffer terribly but isn't it worth it? I'd rather be free to make my own choices.

But seriously some fake things "matter" because they bring joy to people like the Harry Potter book series but no the concept of Hell doesn't matter, it just doesn't because there is no proof at all it's real.

You could make up another horrible place like being stuck in a movie theater that only plays Adam Sandler and Kevin James movies forever and you can't leave, you're just stuck there.

So this place doesn't exist (thankfully), I literally just made it up. You will go there after death unless you promise to always give money to me every month for the rest of your life and tell me the worst things you do on a regular basis. Just because it doesn't exist does that mean it it still matters and I should go around warning people about it? How does that make any sense?

Because it's no different than if you had some sort of computer software where you clicked on and moved a square plane onto a silhouette of a square plane. Even if you deleted that square plane, the silhouette still exists even though it is not a real square plane.
21-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Pro tip to SuperMarioGamer: A computer simulation is not reality. In fact, it can be destroyed by yanking the power cord of the computer or trashing the software. Why should we trouble ourselves at all with the computer simulation of religion and its "hell" subroutine?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
21-12-2016, 01:58 PM
(21-12-2016 12:49 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  

This is what I am talking about:

(20-12-2016 01:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Something that isn't real and can't ever possibly be real doesn't fucking matter. Even if lots and lots of people think it's real and like to threaten other people with it, it's just not important and it's not a good reason to change how you live and we don't "bathe in sin" and even if we did so do many Christians and apparently they're going to Heaven b/c they bent the knee so it's not a logical system to begin with.

Many people have faced terrible consequences when they refused to follow the orders of a tyrant. Yes they could have a good life or they may die or suffer terribly but isn't it worth it? I'd rather be free to make my own choices.

But seriously some fake things "matter" because they bring joy to people like the Harry Potter book series but no the concept of Hell doesn't matter, it just doesn't because there is no proof at all it's real.

You could make up another horrible place like being stuck in a movie theater that only plays Adam Sandler and Kevin James movies forever and you can't leave, you're just stuck there.

So this place doesn't exist (thankfully), I literally just made it up. You will go there after death unless you promise to always give money to me every month for the rest of your life and tell me the worst things you do on a regular basis. Just because it doesn't exist does that mean it it still matters and I should go around warning people about it? How does that make any sense?

Because it's no different than if you had some sort of computer software where you clicked on and moved a square plane onto a silhouette of a square plane. Even if you deleted that square plane, the silhouette still exists even though it is not a real square plane.

Is it a PC or a MAC?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition