A mockery called "free speech"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: A mockery called "free speech"
(25-03-2017 04:10 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 03:23 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  You can deny any event in history... except one?

It just seems really weird to me. If anything, it's handing over unnecessary ammunition to conspiracy nuts by trying to gag it.

Has this law ever been enforced, out of interest?

It's a law, originally imposed by the allies and updated since then. You're not allowed to fly a swastika, use other nazi symbols, do the Hitler salute or to deny the Holocaust.

And yes, it's invoked quite often. Mostly ending up in a few months probation for posting shit on Facebook or on some other social media platform. This overlaps with hate speech, which, far as I know is illegal in the UK and in France also.

Btw, it's mostly along the lines of wishing the Shoa treatment on immigrants, refugees or muslims. Quite ironically not denying that the Shoa actually happened. Just celebrating it and desiring for it to happen again.

Ah, I see. Well, that's fair enough. I was thinking you're not allowed to even suggest it didn't happen. If you're also piling a load of obvious hate shit on top of it, then that's covered by normal rules anyway.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply