A modest proposal for gun control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: A modest proposal for gun control
(23-12-2012 04:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 04:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I'm really not going to take the time to dismantle that "modest" wall of text you had. The vary fact you think a 5mm SINGLE SHOT(as in bolt action or break type action?) is a petty quibble shows your ignorance.
The very fact that you refuse to engage in a civil debate shows your lack rationality.

(23-12-2012 04:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I stand by it for pussies like you who show up and trash my threads. You don't like the subject, don't write on it.

Regards
I don't mind the subject. I can't stand the buffoons who are currently debating with me.

You two have fun with your bullying methodology. I can tell it would get you far in a rational debate. Drinking Beverage

For somebody who's finished with us, you sure do respond back a lot.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2012, 05:00 PM
And don't bother with your boring insults.

[Image: 2nh1fo3.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
23-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Re: A modest proposal for gun control
Wow, thats line the online version of stuffing fingers in ears and singing"lalalalal"
24-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Nobody needs to own a gun in modern society.

It's 2012, not 1812.

Or let's cut to chase here. it's only small-penised men who want to "look bad" by owning plenty of guns.
24-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I proposed a thought concerning a license to buy a firearm. The problem is that not every area has a gun club to join. Who is going to perform the psych eval? How much does it cost? By creating costs to qualify to buy a gun you effectively discriminate against the poorer among us. Just in the same way requiring an ID to vote discriminates against poor Democrats and the elderly.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-12-2012, 12:38 PM
(24-12-2012 09:21 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Nobody needs to own a gun in modern society.

It's 2012, not 1812.

Or let's cut to chase here. it's only small-penised men who want to "look bad" by owning plenty of guns.
Tell me you don't need a gun when someone breaks into your house, rapes you, and kills your children.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-12-2012, 12:39 PM
(22-12-2012 03:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Supreme Court has interpreted it as an individual right.

If you read the history of the discussions among the framers, it is clear that it is an individual right.
What about the individual right of those 20children that were killed to not be killed?

Why does gun ownership individual rights supersede an individuals rights to live in a safe environment?
What if guns had been banned and Lanza still shot 20 kids? What if he hadn't gotten hold of a gun and just decided to burn the building down?

-Mark Twain
24-12-2012, 12:41 PM
(22-12-2012 11:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  My modest proposal:
  • Concealed weaponry is forbidden.
  • Weapons on federal property are forbidden.
  • Gun shows are forbidden.
  • The unlicensed, unauthorized, and/or online sale of ammunition is forbidden.
  • Depending on the type, size, and variant of the firearm, a reasonable limit on ammunition is required.
  • Once ammunition is discharged, spent casings must be returned to the the manufacturer.
  • When a firearm is used, the citizen is required to file a report and to attend a firearm safety seminar.
  • An annual week-long firearm safety class is required.
  • A single weapon may only be registered to a single family.
  • The weapon may not be more than a 5mm handgun.
  • The weapon's magazine size may not contain more than 17 rounds.
  • The federal police will monitor ammunition purchases (quantity and caliber will be logged), much like they monitor fertilizer purchases.
  • The weapon may not be semi or fully automatic.
  • The weapon may not be a shotgun or rifle.
  • The firearm must be registered by the local, state, and federal police.
  • You may not have a history of mental illness.
  • You must have a filed psychiatric evaluation before legal possession of a firearm.
  • The firearm must be locked inside a bullet-proof case.
  • The police must check annually for the possession of the firearm.
  • Justification is required for the possession of a firearm.
  • Weapons tax, ammunition tax, and discharge tax are mandatory, no exceptions based on income or economic class.
  • Personal transfer of firearms is forbidden.
  • Weapons may not be inherited via legal will. Upon the owners death, the firearm will be confiscated by state police.
  • If the weapon is found in the possession of another individual, with unlawful transfer, both the owner and perpetrator will be sentenced for an appropriate time in federal prison.
  • Hunting rifles must be rented at a designated hunting area, both the spent casings and the weapon are to be returned (issued casings will be counted).
  • An annual psychiatric evaluation must be submitted.
None of that would have stopped Lanza from killing people.

-Mark Twain
24-12-2012, 12:45 PM
(22-12-2012 07:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  The U.S. society is rife with dangerous and deluded people.
So deluded, in fact, that they believe more guns results in less violence.
The evidence is there. Rural areas with loose gun restrictions have gun crime 1/10 of that in areas of Europe with very tight gun control. Areas of the country like NY and Chicago that have very tight gun control have the worst crime. In fact, it was illegal to carry a gun onto school property in Newtown. Yet Lanza did it anyway.

There is a district in Texas that allows teachers to voluntarily carry concealed weapons. No round has ever, EVER been discharged on school grounds there. Gun free zones only let criminals know that they will meet no resistance.

-Mark Twain
24-12-2012, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 01:32 PM by Vosur.)
(24-12-2012 12:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  The evidence is there.
The evidence is there indeed. Many European countries have an extraordinarily low rate and number of firearm homicides as well as overall murders in comparison with the United States.

(24-12-2012 12:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Rural areas with loose gun restrictions have gun crime 1/10 of that in areas of Europe with very tight gun control.
I highly doubt that. What's your source?

(24-12-2012 12:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Gun free zones only let criminals know that they will meet no resistance.
I suppose that's why Europe is so much better off without everyone owning a gun? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post