A modest proposal for gun control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 02:10 AM
RE: A modest proposal for gun control
(30-05-2013 04:13 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Same/same with different countries too.

(30-05-2013 02:57 AM)fat cat Wrote:  The effectiveness of gun laws measured by comparison between states is plain and oversimple.

I agree.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
IL just passed concealed carry into law. Get fucked betas!
07-06-2013, 08:09 AM
I live two hours from Detroit , yet I can walk in the park at 2am I can send my girl too school; with no worries I leave my doors unlocked.
To live in a country not obsessed with weapons. Someone tell me why your country needs so many weapons Cut your country's weapons by 85% and you still have more than any other country, why does a person need an assault rifle or hand guns.Canada has plenty of guns but they are for hunting(which i don't get but...) my nieghbour doesn't have an ak47 Can anyone explain your very un healthy obsession

Don't pray in our schools and we won't think in your church
07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
There are plenty of places within a 2 hour radius of detroit that..... arnt detroit.

I'm guessing your english is rusty? Why keep asking the same questions that have been answered over and over again.

Are you seriously asking why someone would need a handgun?

(07-06-2013 08:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  I live two hours from Detroit , yet I can walk in the park at 2am I can send my girl too school; with no worries I leave my doors unlocked.
To live in a country not obsessed with weapons. Someone tell me why your country needs so many weapons Cut your country's weapons by 85% and you still have more than any other country, why does a person need an assault rifle or hand guns.Canada has plenty of guns but they are for hunting(which i don't get but...) my nieghbour doesn't have an ak47 Can anyone explain your very un healthy obsession
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
(07-06-2013 12:34 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  There are plenty of places within a 2 hour radius of detroit that..... arnt detroit.

I'm guessing your english is rusty? Why keep asking the same questions that have been answered over and over again.

Are you seriously asking why someone would need a handgun?

(07-06-2013 08:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  I live two hours from Detroit , yet I can walk in the park at 2am I can send my girl too school; with no worries I leave my doors unlocked.
Yes ...why do you need hand guns or is it just Americans that need them.I do not know one person who owns one nor do they feel they need one. Make fun of my typing/grammar skills fine...old and can't type excuse me.I do not have time to read all arguments for your obsession for guns because they are all bullshit. Just look north or to England or Germany or Denmark or should I go on.
There are almost no gun(8 homicides in 2011 2 by gun) crimes in my city of 200,000. I walk anywhere in my city at anytime and feel safe, so go on with your arrogant American attitude, love your guns don't change you have know reason too in your great safe nation.That you think you need hand guns and assault rifles are why the rest of the world laughs at you

[+] 1 user Likes Bob Loblaw's post
09-06-2013, 12:16 AM
So you come in here posing questions you already think you have the answers to, and I have a arrogant American attitude?

And just like everyone else, you miss your own point. Your town overall seems to have low violent crime in the 1st place.

I think you should be asking NOT why dose America have so many guns, but why are Americans so violent?

There was a time in this country where you shot rifles in gym class and schools had rifles teams, young boys kept their hunting rifles in their school lockers so they could get some trigger time in on the long walk home, you could order flintlock musket kits from the back of a magazine, and corner hardware stores and Sears-roebuck(Now just Sears department stores) sold hunting and sporting rifles in their sporting goods and tools sections. Guns have always been here. The violence hasnt.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
09-06-2013, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 07:56 AM by Bob Loblaw.)
(09-06-2013 12:16 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  So you come in here posing questions you already think you have the answers to, and I have a arrogant American attitude?

And just like everyone else, you miss your own point. Your town overall seems to have low violent crime in the 1st place.

I think you should be asking NOT why dose America have so many guns, but why are Americans so violent?

There was a time in this country where you shot rifles in gym class and schools had rifles teams, young boys kept their hunting rifles in their school lockers so they could get some trigger time in on the long walk home, you could order flintlock musket kits from the back of a magazine, and corner hardware stores and Sears-roebuck(Now just Sears department stores) sold hunting and sporting rifles in their sporting goods and tools sections. Guns have always been here. The violence hasnt.
I gave an opinion not an answer. You say I come from a low crime country.. that is the point two hours from one of your worst city's why so much safer, you think if every Canadian had a hand gun or assault rifle our crime rate would stay the same or maybe it would drop?
I only pointed out there are country's and one next door to the states that have answers other then more guns.Maybe because Canada was not formed from a revolution maybe that is why were not violent, its something because we share just about everything with the US
Whats the majority(at least the ones that voice their opinion)of your country's reaction to the slaughter of children, arm your teachers.
In my opinion your violent because you hold onto a document written in violent times during a revolution and think it is the best thing written ever and feel there is no need to change it, yet people in this form with use the bible as nonsense(i agree) because it is an ancient text
Wake up America your constitution needs to adapt to the times , your government is not out to get you,free health care and good social programs won't spawn another Hitler...
o sorry it is about time Canadians stop being polite and become more arrogant because when your decaying country fails your neighbors will be dealing with the fallout...and to address your history on guns I had a shooting range in the basement of my high school i took rifke shooting in gym, we too had guns in every store we have Sears ..but our gun laws changed and our violence dropped, just maybe obsession to violent tools helps you become violent

09-06-2013, 09:25 PM
(09-06-2013 07:44 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  I gave an opinion not an answer. You say I come from a low crime country.. that is the point two hours from one of your worst city's why so much safer, you think if every Canadian had a hand gun or assault rifle our crime rate would stay the same or maybe it would drop?
I only pointed out there are country's and one next door to the states that have answers other then more guns.Maybe because Canada was not formed from a revolution maybe that is why were not violent, its something because we share just about everything with the US
Whats the majority(at least the ones that voice their opinion)of your country's reaction to the slaughter of children, arm your teachers.
In my opinion your violent because you hold onto a document written in violent times during a revolution and think it is the best thing written ever and feel there is no need to change it, yet people in this form with use the bible as nonsense(i agree) because it is an ancient text
Wake up America your constitution needs to adapt to the times , your government is not out to get you,free health care and good social programs won't spawn another Hitler...
o sorry it is about time Canadians stop being polite and become more arrogant because when your decaying country fails your neighbors will be dealing with the fallout...and to address your history on guns I had a shooting range in the basement of my high school i took rifke shooting in gym, we too had guns in every store we have Sears ..but our gun laws changed and our violence dropped, just maybe obsession to violent tools helps you become violent

No, I didnt say you come from a low crime country. I said that it seems like your town has overall low violent crime, because violent crime is the bigger umbrella that gun crime falls under. You can drive 2 hours in any direction and it's better then Detroit, bc Detroit is a hole.

Asking if every Canadian had a gun or not is a moot point because every american dosent own a gun, but if every person in your town had a gun, I don't think crime would change much, because guns dont commit crime.

Who is saying more guns is better?Not me.

Quote:Whats the majority(at least the ones that voice their opinion)of your country's reaction to the slaughter of children, arm your teachers.

No, you are incorrect and mistaken. Those who are vocal do not want to "arm teachers". The most they have proposed is to let the teacher's who already have carry permits and carry a gun everywhere else, be able to legally carry on school campus.

So the Constitution is outdated huh? I would love to know how you are qualified to intelligently make such a claim?

Quote:Wake up America your constitution needs to adapt to the times , your government is not out to get you"

Have you been watching the news lately?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
10-06-2013, 05:58 AM
(09-06-2013 12:16 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  So you come in here posing questions you already think you have the answers to, and I have a arrogant American attitude?

(09-06-2013 09:25 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 07:44 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  I gave an opinion not an answer. You say I come from a low crime country.. that is the point two hours from one of your worst city's why so much safer, you think if every Canadian had a hand gun or assault rifle our crime rate would stay the same or maybe it would drop?

No, I didnt say you come from a low crime country. I said that it seems like your town has overall low violent crime, because violent crime is the bigger umbrella that gun crime falls under. You can drive 2 hours in any direction and it's better then Detroit, bc Detroit is a hole.

Asking if every Canadian had a gun or not is a moot point because every american dosent own a gun, but if every person in your town had a gun, I don't think crime would change much, because guns dont commit crime.

Who is saying more guns is better?Not me.

Quote:Whats the majority(at least the ones that voice their opinion)of your country's reaction to the slaughter of children, arm your teachers.

No, you are incorrect and mistaken. Those who are vocal do not want to "arm teachers". The most they have proposed is to let the teacher's who already have carry permits and carry a gun everywhere else, be able to legally carry on school campus.

So the Constitution is outdated huh? I would love to know how you are qualified to intelligently make such a claim?

Quote:Wake up America your constitution needs to adapt to the times , your government is not out to get you"

ok I am mistaken they want armed guards at schools whatever the point is no one seems to want restrictions or to make it very difficult to get guns. Same old argument guns don't commit crimes but they sure make it easier too and the carnage that follows an assault rifle is devastating.
The right to bare arms was written following conflict was it not, that's not outdated? or are you all so paranoid your government is out to get you, if so nothing will change
Yes you have more issues that contribute to violence, the difference between poor and the elite your lack of social programs etc... but your need to out arm the rest of the world (from your government down) is big problem. Compared to the rest of western society you out number us in guns by so much losing a few weapons wont make you vulnerable...you need to change, maybe your to close to the problems to see it

10-06-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 01:06 PM by TheBlackKnight.)
(10-06-2013 05:58 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  ok I am mistaken they want armed guards at schools whatever the point is no one seems to want restrictions or to make it very difficult to get guns. Same old argument guns don't commit crimes but they sure make it easier too and the carnage that follows an assault rifle is devastating.
The right to bare arms was written following conflict was it not, that's not outdated? or are you all so paranoid your government is out to get you, if so nothing will change
Yes you have more issues that contribute to violence, the difference between poor and the elite your lack of social programs etc... but your need to out arm the rest of the world (from your government down) is big problem. Compared to the rest of western society you out number us in guns by so much losing a few weapons wont make you vulnerable...you need to change, maybe your to close to the problems to see it

Has conflict been erased?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=581...=2&theater