A modest proposal for gun control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: A modest proposal for gun control
(10-06-2013 12:55 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 05:58 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  ok I am mistaken they want armed guards at schools whatever the point is no one seems to want restrictions or to make it very difficult to get guns. Same old argument guns don't commit crimes but they sure make it easier too and the carnage that follows an assault rifle is devastating.
The right to bare arms was written following conflict was it not, that's not outdated? or are you all so paranoid your government is out to get you, if so nothing will change
Yes you have more issues that contribute to violence, the difference between poor and the elite your lack of social programs etc... but your need to out arm the rest of the world (from your government down) is big problem. Compared to the rest of western society you out number us in guns by so much losing a few weapons wont make you vulnerable...you need to change, maybe your to close to the problems to see it
ose of

Has conflict been erased?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=581...=2&theater
So........ the video which is both violent and disturbing says what? That if the victims were armed they could defend themselves? More than likely the attackers would be armed and the victims deaths would have been quicker or the ones that did survive would be dead
If you think that video makes a case for guns you will never get it, nothing good comes from guns nothing they are made to kill, period. Nothing you say or stats you pull or propaganda you spew can change the fact that guns are meant to kill. To be a less violent society we we should do everything we can to rid ourselves of tools that are made for the purpose of death, it may be impossible but we should try

Don't pray in our schools and we won't think in your church
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
(10-06-2013 07:59 PM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 12:55 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  ose of

Has conflict been erased?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=581...=2&theater
So........ the video which is both violent and disturbing says what? That if the victims were armed they could defend themselves? More than likely the attackers would be armed and the victims deaths would have been quicker or the ones that did survive would be dead
If you think that video makes a case for guns you will never get it, nothing good comes from guns nothing they are made to kill, period. Nothing you say or stats you pull or propaganda you spew can change the fact that guns are meant to kill. To be a less violent society we we should do everything we can to rid ourselves of tools that are made for the purpose of death, it may be impossible but we should try

If you think that your argument makes any sense, you do not understand self-defense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 09:20 PM
(10-06-2013 07:59 PM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  So........ the video which is both violent and disturbing says what? That if the victims were armed they could defend themselves? More than likely the attackers would be armed and the victims deaths would have been quicker or the ones that did survive would be dead

No, you failed that one. I specifically used that one because no guns were present. Violence isnt a object, it's an act and a mindset. You can either choose to prepare to meet such violence, or you can pretent that kind of stuff dosent happen around here.

Also keep in mind that merely the act of killing isnt morally wrong or lawfully illegal. People may use up to and including deadly force to pretect them and theirs. Self preservation and procreation are the 2 strongest instincts we have.

I would love to watch you tell people who have defended themselves from a deathly violent attack that "nothing good comes from guns".

[Image: sbs-dec-2011-cover.jpg]

You don't see the how being well versed in the application of just violence is a nobel cause?

How about training and empowering Afghan women to wield a Glock, so that their daughters might be able to go to school and not have to worry about Taliban hacking their noses and ears off.

[Image: afghani+women+abuse+2.jpg]

Maybe people like you dont care and can ignore things like this. Personally,it pisses me off, and I have no problem ending it.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBlackKnight's post
11-06-2013, 06:09 AM
(10-06-2013 09:20 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 07:59 PM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  So........ the video which is both violent and disturbing says what? That if the victims were armed they could defend themselves? More than likely the attackers would be armed and the victims deaths would have been quicker or the ones that did survive would be dead

No, you failed that one. I specifically used that one because no guns were present. Violence isnt a object, it's an act and a mindset. You can either choose to prepare to meet such violence, or you can pretent that kind of stuff dosent happen around here.

Also keep in mind that merely the act of killing isnt morally wrong or lawfully illegal. People may use up to and including deadly force to pretect them and theirs. Self preservation and procreation are the 2 strongest instincts we have.

I would love to watch you tell people who have defended themselves from a deathly violent attack that "nothing good comes from guns".

You don't see the how being well versed in the application of just violence is a nobel cause?

How about training and empowering Afghan women to wield a Glock, so that their daughters might be able to go to school and not have to worry about Taliban hacking their noses and ears off.

Maybe people like you dont care and can ignore things like this. Personally,it pisses me off, and I have no problem ending it.
Really I failed, I fell for that , no you didn't actually read my post of course there is violence without guns always has been and always will, but the guns cause more carnage and allows more violence to develop.
Your too in love with guns like most Americans and your comments about empowering Afghan women prove it, we need to educate them, allow them to think, to vote, to have rights not learn how to shoot a glock...are you serious teach them to shoot , your more delusional than i thought...
Answer my questions.. If said people in the video had guns the violence would have been stopped? So if everyone on this planet were armed we would have less violence but if we had no guns at all violence would go up?
And I have to be sure here teach Afghan women to shoot not read?
Thought I would post a picture of all the bullet ridden six year old bodies from Newtown but the NRA must already have them

11-06-2013, 06:15 AM
(11-06-2013 06:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:20 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  No, you failed that one. I specifically used that one because no guns were present. Violence isnt a object, it's an act and a mindset. You can either choose to prepare to meet such violence, or you can pretent that kind of stuff dosent happen around here.

Really I failed, I fell for that , no you didn't actually read my post of course there is violence without guns always has been and always will, but the guns cause more carnage and allows more violence to develop.
Your too in love with guns like most Americans and your comments about empowering Afghan women prove it, we need to educate them, allow them to think, to vote, to have rights not learn how to shoot a glock...are you serious teach them to shoot , your more delusional than i thought...
Answer my questions.. If said people in the video had guns the violence would have been stopped? So if everyone on this planet were armed we would have less violence but if we had no guns at all violence would go up?
Thought I would post a picture of all the bullet ridden six year old bodies from Newtown but the NRA must already have them

It's not about teaching Afghan women to read, it's about protecting them from Afghan men.

Guns aren't about reducing violence, they are for terminating violence in your own favor.

If you wish to be defenseless, that is your choice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Re: RE: A modest proposal for gun control
(11-06-2013 06:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:20 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  No, you failed that one. I specifically used that one because no guns were present. Violence isnt a object, it's an act and a mindset. You can either choose to prepare to meet such violence, or you can pretent that kind of stuff dosent happen around here.

Women can't go to school and be educated if they are dead.
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
(11-06-2013 06:36 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 06:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  Really I failed, I fell for that , no you didn't actually read my post of course there is violence without guns always has been and always will, but the guns cause more carnage and allows more violence to develop.

Women can't go to school and be educated if they are dead.
but the ones who would kill them(with a gun) would be ok with them caring a glock and no comment on my other questions/comments. It is ok to say I am right Wink

12-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Convinced you are "right"? What was that about American arrogance?

(11-06-2013 06:09 AM)Bob Loblaw Wrote:  Answer my questions.. If said people in the video had guns the violence would have been stopped? So if everyone on this planet were armed we would have less violence but if we had no guns at all violence would go up?

It's impossible to say how those in the video would have faired with a firearm. The point of the video was to show you that conflict and unprovoked violence happens.

I'm not answering your questions bc you arnt here with a skeptical mindset, you already "know" things, and are just reaffirming them . You dont understand the other side, just the caricature of gun owners the news presents.

Also, we are teaching the afghans how to do a lot of different things. You cant build communities and infrastructure without stability.
13-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Just doing a drive by with some stats I saw today.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
13-06-2013, 07:49 AM
(13-06-2013 12:23 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Just doing a drive by with some stats I saw today.

Information is the key to policy change, but only if people look at it and try to understand it as opposed to a knee-jerk reaction.

Additional gun restrictions could positively impact these types of incident, and people need to be aware of that. And the people impacted by these types of tragedies need to make these stories heard.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley