A modest proposal for gun control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2012, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 12:21 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Here's my proposal for a modest form of gun control.

in order to buy a firearm in this country, a person must possess an IPL, an Individual Purchase License.

In order to obtain this, one must join a shooting club and be a member there for a probationary period of some length of time, say 3-6 month. He/she must regularly shoot with the club, take X number of classes from the club on gun ownership, firearms safety, etc. The advantage here is not simply the education of the members on guns and shooting, it is the ability to observe them for any signs of aberrant, reckless or dangerous behavior when handling firearms. I know this would have stopped Jim Holmes the Aurora movie theater shootings and to a high degree of probability I will say it could have prevented the Columbine shootings, the Virginia Tech Massacre and what happened to Gabrielle Giffords.

If one successfully clears this process and obtains the endorsement of the club, the applicant must then submit to a background check for the following criminal offenses.

Violent felonies committed within the past 10 years
Felonies committed within the past 5 years
Warrants issued for their arrest.
Pending criminal charges for spousal battery or abuse as well as abuse of a child under their guardianship.
Fugitives from Justice
The individual is guilty of unlawful residence in the United States.

In addition the individual must not be suffering from the following mental illnesses

Psychosis
Schitzophrenia
Severe personality disorders
Suicidal Ideations in the past 5 years.
Bipolar Disorder
A history of sociopathology.

With all this cleared, and under the terms of the Second Amendment, the government SHALL ISSUE said person in good standing with the state a Tier I Individual Purchase License in order to purchase firearms governed under the terms of Title I of the National Firearms Act (NFA).

The license is valid for a period of 10 years and can be renewed simply upon request of the possessor.

The license shall be suspended if any of the disqualifying conditions above are met during its valid period.

Once the individual is in possession of his/her Tier I IPL, he/she may purchase guns from a FFL dealer or an individual seller. There are no waiting periods or restrictions or other background checks necessary. The user simply shows his/her IPL to an FFL dealer or seller, an inquiry is made to the FBI via electronic scan (just like swiping a credit card) and results come back in 20 seconds.

No person shall sell to or buy from a firearm from another party who does not possess a valid IPL. Violation of this is a criminal offense punishable by fines up $200,000 and up to 10 years in prison.

Current firearms possessed by lawful gun owners SHALL NOT be siezed from their respectful owners. However all further transactions of guns in their collection and new purchases of firearms must be done by means of an Tier I IPL. We ARE NOT COMING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS SO DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH, RED STATE AMERICA!

There is also a Tier II IPL, which allows a user to purchase firearms listed under terms of Title II of the NFA. This includes Machine Guns, Short Barreled Rifles and Shotguns and Other Destructive Devices short of major weapons systems which require congressional approval for sale and/or subject to International Trafficking in Arms Requirements (ITAR) restrictions. To obtain a Tier II IPL a person must have held a Tier I IPL in good standing for at least a period of 5 years, be a US Citizen, pay a $1000 application fee, and are required to pass a Fundamentals of Automatic Weapons Course at a local gun club.

All Title II firearms are subject to a $200 tax at time of purchase.

Law Enforcement and security personnel SHALL BE issued a Tier II IPL pending approval from their department heads for duty use.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
18-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Exclamation RE: A modest proposal for gun control
Regulate and moderate the ammunition.

Buy all the sub machine guns, assault rifles, etc you want.

The catch is that there will be barriers to acquiring ammunition (you can't buy a bulk package online, the few days before a massacre, like the recent shooter did), and the magazine can only hold a few at a time.
Thus a gunman won't be able to shoot 100 rounds without reloading. He'll only be able to get a few shots off before he has to stop and reload, giving the victims enough time to escape.

If you don't support this, you are the special kind of asshole that the NRA is trying to cultivate.
18-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: A modest proposal for gun control
I dont see any bene's to gun owners? After all that bullshit, your still gonna charge me a 200$tax stamp for a can for my .22 or to have a 12.5 shorty upper for my AR lower?

Quote:pay a $1000 application fee
GTFO.You are just making up silly numbers for no reason.

This isnt "modest" or "sensible". Most of they educational things you are preposing is the very reason the NRA was started and still exists on the training side.back in the day, the words "soldier" and "marksman"wernt the same. The NRA does all of that. While I would love to see more people at the range, these crazies wernt always crazy.

Quote:Law Enforcement and security personnel SHALL BE issued a Tier II IPL pending approval from their department heads for duty use.
Needing further permission to do their job? "Security personnel" LOL.
18-12-2012, 12:48 AM
(18-12-2012 12:31 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Regulate and moderate the ammunition.

Buy all the sub machine guns, assault rifles, etc you want.

The catch is that there will be barriers to acquiring ammunition (you can't buy a bulk package online, the few days before a massacre, like the recent shooter did), and the magazine can only hold a few at a time.
Thus a gunman won't be able to shoot 100 rounds without reloading. He'll only be able to get a few shots off before he has to stop and reload, giving the victims enough time to escape.

If you don't support this, you are the special kind of asshole that the NRA is trying to cultivate.
Ammo=competency. You are advocating less skilled and more reckless firearms owners. Good job.

Ordering thousands of rounds means nothing bc you cant carry that much.Have you ever even tried to fire 1000 rounds at a time with a semi auto? The gun is so hot you cant hold it and your hands get worn out quick. 100 rounds beta mags dont function correctly and thats why only retards buy them @275$.

So you regulate ammo, but meanwhile I'm reloading thousands of rounds an hour on my press
[Image: 679228.jpg]

But thanks for sharing all your practical,real world firearms knowledge with us.
18-12-2012, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 01:10 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(18-12-2012 12:38 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  I dont see any bene's to gun owners? After all that bullshit, your still gonna charge me a 200$tax stamp for a can for my .22 or to have a 12.5 shorty upper for my AR lower?

Quote:pay a $1000 application fee
GTFO.You are just making up silly numbers for no reason.

This isnt "modest" or "sensible". Most of they educational things you are preposing is the very reason the NRA was started and still exists on the training side.back in the day, the words "soldier" and "marksman"wernt the same. The NRA does all of that. While I would love to see more people at the range, these crazies wernt always crazy.

Quote:Law Enforcement and security personnel SHALL BE issued a Tier II IPL pending approval from their department heads for duty use.
Needing further permission to do their job? "Security personnel" LOL.

You want the big boy toys, you pay the price for them. Sadly for every kindly elderly NRA Volunteer teaching a Boy Scout to shoot with a .22, there are five other assholes stuffing my mailbox with flyers of their bullshit about America becoming some kind of Totalitarian dystopia if we so much as even consider some reasonable gun control. They are not doing their job and only pimping this irrational fear at the expense of a lot of dead people.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Re: A modest proposal for gun control
They are so hit and miss with the mail thing. I dont get any. That bullshit magazine they have gets emailed to me.

And yes, I love to make fun of the doomsday preppers just as much as the gun grabbers.    
18-12-2012, 01:30 AM
What's with the fixation on controlling ammunition? 100 rounds = 1 hour on the range practicing.

Enough ammo for practical, safe, legal shooting is also enough ammo to do something nasty. That's just a fact you have to deal with if you want to compromise with gun owners.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
18-12-2012, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 03:08 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Star RE: A modest proposal for gun control
Sharing an example of measures that other countries have done to curb gun violence, and massacres:

18-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Limits on ammo doesn't seem to help the problem. I take 500+ rounds to the range regularly. It's just about proficiency. I do like the notion of a buyer's ID. I live in Indiana. You basically walk in, they call the FBI and you walk out. I'm not exaggerating when I say I bought my first gun, a 9mm handgun, in 15 min flat. At that time I had NO shooting experience or training. I cringe at the thought of those days. I've since received proper training and have tens of thousands of rounds down range, but the notion of "shall issue" is scary.
18-12-2012, 05:47 AM
From some of the posts I have read these last few days relating to this I am quite surprised at how easy it sounds to purchase a gun in some states of america.

In the UK you need to obtain a license, you need to justify the reasons why you want it, you need to get references off the land owners where you state you will normally be firing the gun.

The police check all of your medical records, if you have any type of mental illness (including depression) then the chances are more likely you will be refused. You need to purchase a police approved strong box where you store your guns and ammunition and it has to be either bolted/secured to the floor or the wall and the police come out and inspect your house and have a chat with you about gun ownership.

It can be a very lengthy process.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hobby Lobby and birth control wazzel 7 184 06-04-2014 11:29 AM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Gun Control Phaedrus 213 5,637 01-10-2013 05:12 PM
Last Post: aurora
  How Single Issue Voters can Control JAH 1 281 01-06-2013 02:44 PM
Last Post: BryanS
  A modest proposal for electoral reform Peterkin 20 1,351 14-02-2013 01:55 AM
Last Post: glueparkenigma
  The Facts on Gun Control FZUMedia 4 486 24-12-2012 10:42 PM
Last Post: fstratzero
  Gun Control - a discussion Red Celt 58 3,099 30-07-2012 04:15 AM
Last Post: SharkByte
  Gun Control (is Bullshit?) Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 138 7,525 27-06-2012 11:40 AM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver