A moment of reflection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 11:50 AM
A moment of reflection
I feel very grateful to have received the opportunity to visit my older brothers and the rest of my family again this past weekend. I thought I had almost lost one of them to suicide and I think it would have haunted me for a long time to know that I never got a chance to tell him how much he means to me before he was gone. This stressful, deeply emotional chain of events reminded me of something important, that life is too short to hold petty grudges and fight meaningless squabbles. I spent much of the past several days pondering my recent actions and came to make a decision.

Heatheness, Bucky Ball - I want to hold out an olive branch and apologize to both of you for treating you with so much disrespect and contempt. I thought it was warranted at the time, but in hindsight, there really was no good reason to verbally abuse you that badly. Those who have been here for as long as I am know that it just isn't me, it's not who I am. BnW and other people who share my political views demonstrated that civil disagreement on these political issues is possible even when two people represent completely opposite positions. All that is not even to mention that my hostile approach made it very unlikely for me to achieve my goal of changing someone's mind.

I hope you can accept my apology and give me a chance to prove myself better than this. That's all for now. Unsure

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 32 users Like Vosur's post
05-07-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: A moment of reflection
Hug

Glad that things are good for you and yours.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
05-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Glad you got to see your bros. It matters.

Brushes with death do tend to put things in perspective. I am glad you are taking something positive away from it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Zed not so dead?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-07-2016, 12:10 PM
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I feel very grateful to have received the opportunity to visit my older brothers and the rest of my family again this past weekend. I thought I had almost lost one of them to suicide and I think it would have haunted me for a long time to know that I never got a chance to tell him how much he means to me before he was gone. This stressful, deeply emotional chain of events reminded me of something important, that life is too short to hold petty grudges and fight meaningless squabbles. I spent much of the past several days pondering my recent actions and came to make a decision.

Heatheness, Bucky Ball - I want to hold out an olive branch and apologize to both of you for treating you with so much disrespect and contempt. I thought it was warranted at the time, but in hindsight, there really was no good reason to verbally abuse you that badly. Those who have been here for as long as I am know that it just isn't me, it's not who I am. BnW and other people who share my political views demonstrated that civil disagreement on these political issues is possible even when two people represent completely opposite positions. All that is not even to mention that my hostile approach made it very unlikely for me to achieve my goal of changing someone's mind.

I hope you can accept my apology and give me a chance to prove myself better than this. That's all for now. Unsure

As a person who tries to live in the now and not hold grudges I appreciate this very much. Grudges are just too mind heavy and make me unhappy.

I accept your apology and offer mine in return. I like the concept of a clean slate and going forward that is how I intend to view any past differences.

As for your family, I hope the strife that has caused them grief and despair will abate and health and wellness will be in theirs and your future.

H

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 11 users Like Heatheness's post
05-07-2016, 12:49 PM
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
Those who have been here for as long as I am know that it just isn't me, it's not who I am.

*have

Tongue

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
05-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Hug Thumbsup

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
05-07-2016, 01:32 PM
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I feel very grateful to have received the opportunity to visit my older brothers and the rest of my family again this past weekend. I thought I had almost lost one of them to suicide and I think it would have haunted me for a long time to know that I never got a chance to tell him how much he means to me before he was gone. This stressful, deeply emotional chain of events reminded me of something important, that life is too short to hold petty grudges and fight meaningless squabbles. I spent much of the past several days pondering my recent actions and came to make a decision.

Was shocked to hear about your brother. Seriously. It stopped me in my tracks.
Apology accepted, but not needed. We're both hot-heads, and defend our positions. More by PM ...

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Vosur. Hug

I'm glad you were able to see your bro.

This is why I love this forum!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Life is too short alright. I've seen a lot of people pass over the past couple of years.

Here I go. Off to the cancer clinic. Again!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post