A moment of reflection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 12:15 AM
RE: A moment of reflection
Hi,

I'm new here, and would like to say that a personal and conciliatory post, such as yours Vosur, is a rare thing on web forums.

Respect.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dworkin's post
06-07-2016, 12:36 AM
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I'm new here, and would like to say that a personal and conciliatory post, such as yours Vosur, is a rare thing on web forums.

Respect.

D.

+1
and thats why he has more rep now.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-07-2016, 02:42 AM
I'm glad your brother is doing better, and that you were able to see him.

As someone who's crossed swords with you in the past, and has learnt to get along with you even in disagreement. I can only say it's good to see you offering this sentiment. Forgiveness, both extended and recieved, is a good thing.

Best wishes for you brother, your family, and yourself, Vos.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-07-2016, 12:36 PM
I am glad you got to see your brother. It is none of our business, of course, but nevertheless I appreciate you letting us in on what's going on in your life, and hope you keep us posted if things improve or degrade, so we can try to be here for you.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-07-2016, 09:28 PM
A breath of fresh air. I have been watching fairly silently for a while now and thinking to myself, who is this guy and what has he done with Vosur. It's really nice to see a post where you seem like yourself. As you know, I'm glad your brother is alive and physically well. I do hope he will receive the treatment he needs. Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
07-07-2016, 11:31 PM
(07-07-2016 09:28 PM)Losty Wrote:  A breath of fresh air. I have been watching fairly silently for a while now and thinking to myself, who is this guy and what has he done with Vosur. It's really nice to see a post where you seem like yourself. As you know, I'm glad your brother is alive and physically well. I do hope he will receive the treatment he needs. Hug

Indeed, it's good to see the person behind the text. I think the forum would be enriched were members to be this trusting and forgiving.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Vosur, delighted you saw your brother and moved by your OP.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 07:15 AM
(05-07-2016 11:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Heatheness, Bucky Ball - I want to hold out an olive branch and apologize to both of you for treating you with so much disrespect and contempt. I thought it was warranted at the time, but in hindsight, there really was no good reason to verbally abuse you that badly. Those who have been here for as long as I am know that it just isn't me, it's not who I am. BnW and other people who share my political views demonstrated that civil disagreement on these political issues is possible even when two people represent completely opposite positions. All that is not even to mention that my hostile approach made it very unlikely for me to achieve my goal of changing someone's mind.

I hope you can accept my apology and give me a chance to prove myself better than this. That's all for now. Unsure

I'd rep you again, if I could. Introspection can be a wonderful thing.

And I'm not saying this as someone who thinks he's better. I can be a sanctimonious ass, sometimes. Seeing someone else's self-reflection can be eye-opening for me.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post