A need to connect abandoned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 07:18 PM by Merlin the Wiz.)
A need to connect abandoned
Heart Peace -
Merlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: A need to connect with the Faithless
(25-11-2014 10:37 PM)Merlin the Wiz Wrote:  I would LOVE to connect/converse with other people that have evolved beyond the fear-based concepts of Jesus Christ, ...

I don't fear The Word silly, I embody it. Oh, and watch out for low flying Gwynnies.
[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome Merlin! I think you'll find what you're looking for here Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Why me Lord? What did I e..v..e..r..do?
I get a fuckin' GirlyMan comment right off the bat that makes no sense.
Looks like I learned my lesson.....Jesus Christ!
[+] 1 user Likes Merlin the Wiz's post
25-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Is that you matt?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-11-2014, 11:38 PM
(25-11-2014 11:28 PM)Merlin the Wiz Wrote:  Why me Lord? What did I e..v..e..r..do?
I get a fuckin' GirlyMan comment right off the bat that makes no sense.
Looks like I learned my lesson.....Jesus Christ!

Give it time. Eventually the word of our prophet will be clear to you, so that Ellen January may guide you into the loving arms of Gwynnies.

Or something like that. Dodgy

Oh, and don't let Girly lull you into a false sense of security. He may be Girly, but he'll sumo your ass.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-11-2014, 12:05 AM
What's funny is Girlyman's comment is just a tame type of foreboding for any potential comment you could of first received from HOC that really would of been confusing.

You shall find what you seek in this community, but before you are welcomed I shall say. I take exception to the idea that you have adopted atheism as you belief system. It's a response to one claim, if there is a god or not. It's not a system as it is simply one belief.

Your actual belief system may involve an atheistic premise but it will be devised from many personal philosophical views that you come across as you scour yourself and your influences for some meanings.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
26-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Welcome!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-11-2014, 03:18 AM
(25-11-2014 10:37 PM)Merlin the Wiz Wrote:  Me B new here.
Over the last six months, I have researched mythology and religions extensively and have adopted Atheism as my belief system.
I was raised LDS and left at 17 yrs. old because I could not embrace the bizarre religion anymore.
I became an Evangelical Christian for a while and threw that in the trash eventually.
After reading/viewing material by Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Joseph Campbell and others, I can no longer accept spiritual beliefs on faith. I do not have faith.
I am convinced that if something created mankind, it would not equip us with 5 senses and then have faith be the only means of connection.
I still live in a predominantly LDS community and Atheist conversation is hard to come by.
I would LOVE to connect/converse with other people that have evolved beyond the fear-based concepts of Jesus Christ, God, Elohim, Jehovah, Horus, Mithra, Prometheus, Osiris, Joseph Smith, Martin Luther, Krishna, and various others.
Heart Peace -
Merlin

Atheism as a belief system? Drinking Beverage
What exactly do you mean by that?
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
26-11-2014, 03:24 AM
I moved this thread to "Introductions" because the TC hasn't been asking for any kind of support.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post