A new F-bomb record

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: A new F-bomb record
(04-01-2014 07:42 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:52 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Ah, fuck off grasshopper

WTF? Is this generic, or did I do something to provoke it? I haven't even posted in this thread (until now). If it's generic, never mind!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...rasshopper

Quote:1. Grasshopper
Term that refers to one who is a novice, a greenhorn, a student/disciple, a subordinate, or just simply ignorant.

Has its origins from the "Kung Fu" television series from the 1970s, starring David Carradine as the Shaolin priest Kwai Chang Caine. As a young student at the Shaolin temple, Caine, in his youthful ignorance, takes pity on a blind Shaolin master, believing the master's blindness to be a terrible affliction. The master quickly corrects Caine, illustrating that despite his blindness, his awareness of the world is much higher than Caine's -- for example, the master takes notice of the grasshopper at Caine's feet whereas Caine does not.

From that moment on, the blind master befriends Caine and becomes a mentor to him. He gives Caine the nickname of "Grasshopper" in an affectionate reference to this first encounter.
Person 1: I've never played Guitar Hero before. How do you play?

Person 2: Ah, watch and learn, Grasshopper ...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 08:04 AM
(03-01-2014 07:04 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  There's an "I don't give a fuck" joke in all this somewhere......

[Image: 376e334e.jpg]

(not meant as personal towards You k?)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-01-2014, 08:20 AM
(04-01-2014 08:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 07:42 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  WTF? Is this generic, or did I do something to provoke it? I haven't even posted in this thread (until now). If it's generic, never mind!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...rasshopper

Quote:1. Grasshopper
Term that refers to one who is a novice, a greenhorn, a student/disciple, a subordinate, or just simply ignorant.

Has its origins from the "Kung Fu" television series from the 1970s, starring David Carradine as the Shaolin priest Kwai Chang Caine. As a young student at the Shaolin temple, Caine, in his youthful ignorance, takes pity on a blind Shaolin master, believing the master's blindness to be a terrible affliction. The master quickly corrects Caine, illustrating that despite his blindness, his awareness of the world is much higher than Caine's -- for example, the master takes notice of the grasshopper at Caine's feet whereas Caine does not.

From that moment on, the blind master befriends Caine and becomes a mentor to him. He gives Caine the nickname of "Grasshopper" in an affectionate reference to this first encounter.
Person 1: I've never played Guitar Hero before. How do you play?

Person 2: Ah, watch and learn, Grasshopper ...

So it's generic. Whew! I was worried that I had offended someone.

I am aware of the Kung Fu stuff -- that is actually why I chose the username Grasshopper. I consider myself a neophyte in spiritual and intellectual matters.
04-01-2014, 08:29 AM
(04-01-2014 08:20 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 08:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...rasshopper

So it's generic. Whew! I was worried that I had offended someone.

I am aware of the Kung Fu stuff -- that is actually why I chose the username Grasshopper. I consider myself a neophyte in spiritual and intellectual matters.

Yup, ELK was using the term in the colloquial way.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-01-2014, 08:49 AM
(04-01-2014 07:42 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:52 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Ah, fuck off grasshopper

WTF? Is this generic, or did I do something to provoke it? I haven't even posted in this thread (until now). If it's generic, never mind!

1: I didn't know you existed (didn't write the word with a capital either).

2: Have you never seen Hot Fuzz, one of the greatest comedies ever:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
04-01-2014, 09:07 AM
(04-01-2014 08:49 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 07:42 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  WTF? Is this generic, or did I do something to provoke it? I haven't even posted in this thread (until now). If it's generic, never mind!

1: I didn't know you existed (didn't write the word with a capital either).

2: Have you never seen Hot Fuzz, one of the greatest comedies ever:

No, never saw that (or heard of it), but it looks good. It reminds me of the preacher in Peter Jackson's early film "Dead Alive" (also released under some other title), who was "kickin' ass for the Lord" until a zombie impaled him on a cross. That's a great movie, too -- one of the bloodiest I've ever seen, and also one of the funniest.