A new blog idea but nervous about the reaction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: A new blog idea but nervous about the reaction
Christ never did the dishes, so I kicked him out...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 11:29 AM
(12-06-2017 08:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Christ never did the dishes, so I kicked him out...

Sure, but he could still make some contributions to the blog:

He was a qualified masseur ... Foot-spa For Soccer Moms

[Image: Christ-washing-feet.jpg]

... and had great carpentry skills ... DIY Making You Cross?

[Image: latest?cb=20080917143452]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-06-2017, 10:40 AM
(11-06-2017 11:27 AM)mp_soldier Wrote:  I bought the domain TheGodlessGoodWife and want to do a homemakers blog (think recipes, DIY, etc) that also talks about marriage, life, and raising kids (hopefully pending the outcomes of IVF) without god.
Great idea! I'm all in favor, and very supportive.

I've also been thinking that there should be an annual Atheist Convention. There would be workshops on topics like:

Raising your kids without religion
Ethics without religion
How to confront fundamentalists-- politely but firmly
Refuting and combating Creationism
Recovering from an excess of religion
Supporting those who are threatened by fundamentalists
How to build outreach programs for those who are struggling with their religious backgrounds

And I think the first convention should be held somewhere in the dead center of the Bible Belt.
[+] 2 users Like thereverent1's post
24-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Yep... I'd give the blog a go, and with NO mention of religion either way.

But, a couple of issues (which you've probably already considered).

Successful or widely popular blogs take a lot of time and effort, and have the unwanted potential of taking up an increasing amount of your spare time as its horizons and user base expand. And secondly, you can expect the usual groundswell of haters and people who just must disagree with everything you post (to boost their egos usually).

—Whatever, good luck. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-06-2017, 11:57 AM
(24-06-2017 10:40 AM)thereverent1 Wrote:  I've also been thinking that there should be an annual Atheist Convention...

https://www.atheists.org/activism/conventions/

Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-06-2017, 10:16 AM
(11-06-2017 11:27 AM)mp_soldier Wrote:  Ok, not the greatest thread title, but that's what I got. I've been thinking about starting a blog for ages (actually did start it then panicked and pulled it). I bought the domain TheGodlessGoodWife and want to do a homemakers blog (think recipes, DIY, etc) that also talks about marriage, life, and raising kids (hopefully pending the outcomes of IVF) without god. It seems like every stinking blog about homemaking also comes with a heavy dose of devout christianity. I get that especially in the south there is a religious/cultural/fundamentalist thing of staying home to serve your husband and the lord, blah blah.

Anyways, my hesitation is potential backlash for being openly atheist. I don't hide that fact in real life but I also don't tend to be out loud and proud either (I live in a relatively conservative city in MT).

I guess I'm looking for a little pep talk that A) the blog is a good idea and B) that I won't be hunted down with pitch forks and fire for being an atheist.

(Oh and any tag line ideas to help convey the concept would be super appreciated. They all have tags like "Faith, Family, and Food" "I love god, my husband, and cooking in that order" etc)

Tbh, all blogs vlogs etc will attract haters regardless of how benign they are, even charity blogs attract haters. In my view the only way to avoid haters on the internet is never to post anything on there so I'd personally cultivate an I don't care attitude to the negative assholes and don't allow them to control what you choose to say or do.