A new case against gay marriage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 11:13 AM by Heathen.)
RE: A new case against gay marriage.
Following this logic [sic], my marriage should have been annulled when I got that vasectomy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Who the hell is against sexy lesbians doing lesbian stuff? Not in my 'Murica!
[+] 3 users Like TheBlackKnight's post
22-03-2013, 08:59 PM
its a question of liberty. frankly i dont see how a country that prides itself on its freedom can deny consenting adults the right to decide what they will do with one another.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
22-03-2013, 09:31 PM
(17-03-2013 10:57 PM)That Atheist Coydog Wrote:  Anyways... what are your thoughts on gay/lesbian marriage?

I didn't always agree with Trudeau, but in 1967 he said;

"Obviously, the state's responsibility should be to legislate rules for a well-ordered society. It has no right or duty to creep into the bedrooms of the nation."
[+] 2 users Like Heathen's post
23-03-2013, 12:37 PM
tl;dr

No argument against gay marriage is a good one.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
23-03-2013, 09:53 PM
You should note that the date on the argument against gay marriage is 2004, it is hardly new. You should also note that it is from the "Free Republic" a notorious right wing site.

I would not be surprised if the author was in fact religious and wrote this only to make it seem that his argument was not so. Regardless much of the religious argument against gay marriage is that it allows no children (incorrect but that is meaningless).

I also find it odd that a right wing site which supports great individual freedom would suggest that the government should delve into marriage in any way. But the author says the state has good and sufficient reason to do so. Very odd indeed.
23-03-2013, 10:00 PM
(23-03-2013 09:53 PM)JAH Wrote:  I also find it odd that a right wing site which supports great individual freedom would suggest that the government should delve into marriage in any way. But the author says the state has good and sufficient reason to do so. Very odd indeed.
That's because you're basing your opinion on what they say they support. If you look at what they do rather than what they say, there's nothing at all odd about it.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2013, 10:23 PM
(22-03-2013 08:59 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  its a question of liberty. frankly i dont see how a country that prides itself on its freedom can deny consenting adults the right to decide what they will do with one another.
hehe...We pride ourselves on our "perceived notion of freedom". I do see the pro gay rights movement picking up a lot of steam lately, which is very encouraging. We've a long way to go, but this is another major step in the right direction.
23-03-2013, 11:03 PM
The original article was published in The Tech - MIT's oldest and largest newspaper & the first newspaper published on the web in Feb. 2004 - it was an opinion. This is the direct response published a few days later in The Tech. The last paragraph of this response, deftly sums up my personal opinion. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-03-2013, 09:52 PM
It looks to me like an MIT math whiz shot his mouth off without realizing his math skills in no way made him an expert on sociological research topics. Whoops.