A new deconvert

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: A new deconvert
Welcome aboard!

FWIW, I'm in that boat. Sounds like you came here for the same reason I did. I needed a place to talk and vent. Best of luck!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Welcome. Hope those baby steps lead to longer strides.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
15-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
15-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Hello!Big Grin
15-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Welcome. Many people here have gone through or are going through the same thing. You have to balance the feeling of hypocrisy with the potential consequences of coming out. It's difficult and everyone does it differently with different experiences. Take it a day at a time. I started to show hints of doubt with my wife years ago...eventually I started talking to my pastors which led to me concluding that I had come across new information that had changed my mind about belief.

Our marriage isn't easy...it's very hard because she is still a strong believer but we make it work. The marriage thing can be difficult depending on how important the belief factor is to your wife and her immediate surrounding friends/family. I would suggest reading the book "In Faith and In Doubt" by Dale McGowan. You may also even get to a place where she can read it as well. The other book suggestion I would make for her down the road is 50 Questions for Every Christian by Guy Harrison. Both books come from the atheistic angle but very non-combatively.

Best wishes to you!

**Crickets** -- God
15-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Welcome Herrozerro as Tonechaser said your not alone.

My wife is Christian as well. Religious discussion is a hot button that is n our house. So we tend to stay away from it. I've introduced her to my options on the matter of god and religion in major baby steps.

So I come here to vent or read others thoughts. And it keeps me level.

We'll help you as much as we can to get threw this.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Hello, & welcome! Shy

This ain't Facebook, so you're safe! Big Grin

[edit] 'relatively' safe! Tongue

15-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Hello fellow newbie Smile I can't say I've been in your exact situation, but I did keep my atheism a secret from my mom for a few months when I was living with her one summer in college. I hope you can find an eventual solution so you don't have to keep living in that duality, and we'll be here all along the way.
15-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Welcome
15-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Atheist also married to a christian. Welcome. Have any questions or whatnow, start a thread of if you want to, PM me.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac