A new height in Catholic child abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: A new height in Catholic child abuse
the really depressing part about this story is no one is honestly surprised by this

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
19-07-2017, 06:44 AM
I just don't understand how these supposedly pious people justify their actions to themselves.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
19-07-2017, 07:03 AM
(19-07-2017 06:44 AM)TSG Wrote:  I just don't understand how these supposedly pious people justify their actions to themselves.

Easy.

"God said it's OK"......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-07-2017, 07:12 AM
(19-07-2017 07:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 06:44 AM)TSG Wrote:  I just don't understand how these supposedly pious people justify their actions to themselves.

Easy.

"God said it's OK"......

Maybe for something like outlawing condoms in AIDS-ridden Africa for the sake of the sperm, or letting rape victims have their rapist's baby for the sake of the fetus, but blatant, obvious child abuse? They obviously know it's wrong, or they wouldn't have tried to cover it up. It's just sickening how they teach about forgiveness and confessions, and then conceal major crimes to save their own skins.
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
19-07-2017, 07:31 AM
(19-07-2017 07:12 AM)TSG Wrote:  ...and then conceal major crimes to save their own skins.

Their coffers more likely. Do the math. They willingly offer up to 23.000 for every victim. The victim's lawyers strive for more.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
19-07-2017, 07:34 AM
(19-07-2017 07:31 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 07:12 AM)TSG Wrote:  ...and then conceal major crimes to save their own skins.

Their coffers more likely. Do the math. They willingly offer up to 23.000 for every victim. The victim's lawyers strive for more.

Nothing is sacred. Figuratively and literally.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
19-07-2017, 07:35 AM

It is disgusting and quite maddening.

Whenever someone subverts their intellect and humanity to a dogma you'll find they can rationalize anything.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-07-2017, 07:37 AM
(19-07-2017 07:12 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 07:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Easy.

"God said it's OK"......

Maybe for something like outlawing condoms in AIDS-ridden Africa for the sake of the sperm, or letting rape victims have their rapist's baby for the sake of the fetus, but blatant, obvious child abuse? They obviously know it's wrong, or they wouldn't have tried to cover it up. It's just sickening how they teach about forgiveness and confessions, and then conceal major crimes to save their own skins.

Religion itself is sickening as it is nothing more than manipulating people into feeling guilty for purpose of enriching oneself. So if religion itself is sickening then how actions of clergy could be different?

I'm not seeing anything particularly horrible in priests trying to cover their crimes - that is their crimes are horrible but covering is to be expected. Who would want to go to jail as child abuser? Preaching shit about forgiveness is just work - it's priest job to say some banalities about forgiveness and confessions just as it it car salesman job to say how great his cars are; it's naivety to expect that priest will hold himself to some higher moral standard. Why should he if his job is about scamming people into paying his organization for retelling idiotic and superstitious fairy tales and selling them cure for imaginary ill?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-07-2017, 10:55 AM
So Georg Ratzinger condoned and/or ignored sexual abuse of young boys during his 30-year reign as head of the Domspatzen boys' choir, and his brother, Joseph Ratzinger apparently did the same in his position as Pope?

It's totally impossible that either of these "men" were unaware of the abuse over such a long period—1964 to 2013 (collectively).

[Image: Father-Georg-Ratzinger-Cardinal-Joseph-Ratzinger.jpg]
Evil Personified

Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
19-07-2017, 11:41 AM
(19-07-2017 10:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  So Georg Ratzinger condoned and/or ignored sexual abuse of young boys during his 30-year reign as head of the Domspatzen boys' choir, and his brother, Joseph Ratzinger apparently did the same in his position as Pope?

According to news feeds, the reign of Ratzinger was the time when most of the abuse happened. He knew and he even admitted to have "slapped" a few himself.

His brother helped to brush all the abuse under the rag, even before he was pope.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post