A new level of ignorance, plus some other rants

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2011, 11:20 AM
RE: A new level of ignorance, plus some other rants
'I don't believe in magic. That is why I believe in God.'

This is my quote of the day, got this from some creationist who was telling me that atheism is the 'most baseless of all human superstitions'. Also kept saying he didn't believe in 'magically appearing universes' (he didn't have much of a response when I asked him about magically appearing Deities).

Like Dawkins says, religion requires a certain 'suspension of disbelief' Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
RE: A new level of ignorance, plus some other rants
(08-05-2011 11:20 AM)hughsie Wrote:  'I don't believe in magic. That is why I believe in God.'

This is my quote of the day, got this from some creationist who was telling me that atheism is the 'most baseless of all human superstitions'. Also kept saying he didn't believe in 'magically appearing universes' (he didn't have much of a response when I asked him about magically appearing Deities).

Like Dawkins says, religion requires a certain 'suspension of disbelief' Smile

Stupidity is an uncurable disease that can cause major harm to the environment. Sadly enough, even the most severe forms aren't always lethal. You can even become president of the US when suffering from 'Stupiditas major'. Wink

We should convince more people to be candidates for the Darwin Awards. Not that I wish people any harm of course Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply