A other search ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 12:49 PM
A other search ?
Hi all

I'm Mark from Bergen op Zoom (NLD).
I'm a part time art student (photography) and for my finale work i want to do a project around How religion make me a better person (as a atheist).
What parts of religion can i take/use to become a better person.

Alain de Botton says : Religion is like a buffet we can take the thing we like and leave the things we won't.

Religion has brings us bad things but i dont want to focus on that i want to see the good things that it has brought us.

as i'm tot a great writer (in english even worse) i hope that my speak more

Greetings Mark
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: A other search ?
You are an atheist and are supposed to write about how religion can make you a better person?

Religion can't make you a better person. Only you can make you a better person.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-03-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: A other search ?
Hello Mark from Bergen op Zoom. Nice little place you live in.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...=firefox-a

I think I understand what you mean by applying to life the lessons a person can take from religious training that are basically universal - the secular-focused goodwill lying within it - but less the trappings of the theist convictions of it.

All I can say is the fact that your recognizing the distinctions will put you in good form to pick out examples as you live your life. I don't know that real world visual cues are anything I'd attempt to search out from the atheist approach because there are no purpose-made displays of it knowingly erected. I can say that the architecture of old, ascending to the heavens in a worshipful display of man's penchant for god-reaching, is no longer a naked-eye design component. It all lies in what was then contrasted to what is now.