A pediatrician shows you how to calm a crying baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: A pediatrician shows you how to calm a crying baby
Yea, I wish that pediatrician hadn't taught the Democrats how to calm the screaming GOP 30 years ago, we need to grow a backbone.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
A method I've used, was put a mirror in front of the child (This works best for crocodile tears.) It's very hard to keep a crying expression when your look at yourself.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
02-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Cute video! Certainly babies like motion and the feeling of being cuddled, which this doctor's move addresses. It's always useful to have some new calming tricks to try.

Sometimes crying is a sign of something wrong. When my baby cried and cried and couldn't be comforted I got a fair amount of advice like this from medical professionals, all of whom assumed the crying was because as a first-time parent, I wasn't comforting my baby properly. It turned out that my baby had a life-threatening and very painful problem, a midgut volvulus--kinked intestine--that had to be corrected with emergency surgery. After he got out of the hospital, I was able to comfort him just fine. He definitely liked being carried around in a baby sling and loved motion even as a fetus (would kick whenever we were driving and stopped at a red light or stop sign).
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
02-12-2015, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 01:20 PM by kim.)
The technique is a bit more than a cuddle and some motion.

Both arms across the chest is very securing and it takes pressure off the upper spine, as does the 45 degree angle. Also, the booty jiggling further frees up the lower spine. Seriously, I pay my chiropractor quite a bit to do similar stuff to my spine. Wink

As he said, if the baby remains fussy after this calm and secure hold, there is probably something else amiss.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
(02-12-2015 10:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 08:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Thanks. My baby is due in mid-late January, so it's of great use!

Oh Rocket, you'll make an amazing father! I'll bet you're excited.

Requesting pictures of baby when he/she is born or I'll be kinda mad. Angry

She'd be mad if she knew I posted this, but it's just because she thinks being pregnant makes her not beautiful. It's one of my favorite pictures I've seen of her, yet! I may be biased, though. In any case, this is the only picture I have of my new son Rhys so far:

[Image: amanda-rhys_zps7wpo5mzl.jpg]

Edit to Add: Only picture I have unless y'all wanna see an ultrasound! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-12-2015, 06:00 PM
(02-12-2015 05:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 10:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh Rocket, you'll make an amazing father! I'll bet you're excited.

Requesting pictures of baby when he/she is born or I'll be kinda mad. Angry

She'd be mad if she knew I posted this, but it's just because she thinks being pregnant makes her not beautiful. It's one of my favorite pictures I've seen of her, yet! I may be biased, though. In any case, this is the only picture I have of my new son Rhys so far:

[Image: amanda-rhys_zps7wpo5mzl.jpg]

Edit to Add: Only picture I have unless y'all wanna see an ultrasound! Tongue

My first child was also due in late January, early February. The previous December I went to a Christmas/costume party given by a bunch of crazy heathen actors. This was down in Los Angeles. Anyway, I couldn't think what the hell kind of costume I was going to wear since I was sooooo pregnant. Idea Then it struck me, the Virgin Mary! My husband went as Joseph and I was Mary. Since my boobs were so big I wore a low cut floor length blue robe with lots of decolletage. A sexy Virgin Mary. It got lots of laughs.

Edit: By the way, she's beautiful! If you go to a Christmas costume party.......she's the Virgin Mary fur sure!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 03:55 AM
Why am I seeing this video everywhere, on every site I go? And am I the only one being followed by it?

Unsure

Ohmy

Gasp

Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
03-12-2015, 04:11 AM
(03-12-2015 03:55 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Why am I seeing this video everywhere, on every site I go? And am I the only one being followed by it?

Unsure

Ohmy

Gasp

Tongue

YES! Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 07:08 AM
(02-12-2015 06:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My first child was also due in late January, early February. The previous December I went to a Christmas/costume party given by a bunch of crazy heathen actors. This was down in Los Angeles. Anyway, I couldn't think what the hell kind of costume I was going to wear since I was sooooo pregnant. Idea Then it struck me, the Virgin Mary! My husband went as Joseph and I was Mary. Since my boobs were so big I wore a low cut floor length blue robe with lots of decolletage. A sexy Virgin Mary. It got lots of laughs.

Edit: By the way, she's beautiful! If you go to a Christmas costume party.......she's the Virgin Mary fur sure!

I ran the Mary-and-Joseph concept by her, and she pointed out that while I do have the correct hair (unlike the Jesus pictures in American churches) to portray a man of the Ancient Near East, she is, quote, "too old and too white" to portray Mary.

I love that woman. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-12-2015, 07:16 AM
(03-12-2015 07:08 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I ran the Mary-and-Joseph concept by her, and she pointed out that while I do have the correct hair (unlike the Jesus pictures in American churches) to portray a man of the Ancient Near East, she is, quote, "too old and too white" to portray Mary.

I love that woman. Big Grin

She certainly seems a good sort.

Much good fortune and luck to you and yours.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post