A pediatrician shows you how to calm a crying baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: A pediatrician shows you how to calm a crying baby
(03-12-2015 07:08 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 06:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My first child was also due in late January, early February. The previous December I went to a Christmas/costume party given by a bunch of crazy heathen actors. This was down in Los Angeles. Anyway, I couldn't think what the hell kind of costume I was going to wear since I was sooooo pregnant. Idea Then it struck me, the Virgin Mary! My husband went as Joseph and I was Mary. Since my boobs were so big I wore a low cut floor length blue robe with lots of decolletage. A sexy Virgin Mary. It got lots of laughs.

Edit: By the way, she's beautiful! If you go to a Christmas costume party.......she's the Virgin Mary fur sure!

I ran the Mary-and-Joseph concept by her, and she pointed out that while I do have the correct hair (unlike the Jesus pictures in American churches) to portray a man of the Ancient Near East, she is, quote, "too old and too white" to portray Mary.

I love that woman. Big Grin

And please keep us updated on everything. I'm sure she's worried about how that big baby is going to get through that small opening. Huh Well, it ain't easy but it happens all over the world every day.

Don't tell her this but I think it was Carol Burnett who was explaining what childbirth was like to a man. She said....."Take your bottom lip.....now pull your bottom lip up over the top lip.... now pull it up over your nose......now pull it up over your head and down to the back of your neck." Again, don't mention this to her, she doesn't need to be scared.

Another forum baby. Clap

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 02:07 PM
We already have a 9-year-old together, y'all.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-12-2015, 03:02 PM
(03-12-2015 02:07 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  We already have a 9-year-old together, y'all.

nevermind then

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 03:18 PM
(02-12-2015 09:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Never really had much problem calming my kids as babies. It's the toddler stage I haven't figure out.
Or the 10 year old kids!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
03-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Is this a new technique?? I used a similar one with my daughter. My mom taught it to me, since it worked so well with me.

Sorry doc, your method is at least 40 years old lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-12-2015, 03:25 PM
(03-12-2015 03:18 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 09:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Never really had much problem calming my kids as babies. It's the toddler stage I haven't figure out.
Or the 10 year old kids!

That's what I'm sayin'... figure out how to calm down my 9-year-old, and I'll handle the infant just fine! hehe

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-12-2015, 03:26 PM
(03-12-2015 03:18 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
Or the 10 year old kids!

Wait till they become teenagers. GoodevilBeat_stickGirl_nailsArgueBanginLamoFrusty

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post