A plant related discovery .. maybe ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 05:41 PM
A plant related discovery .. maybe ??
So who hasn't tried to bring in plants during the winter, cuz, you just don't want them all to go to hell in a handbasket, when they looked so great. Well, last Fall, I noticed my mom's garden helper/handyman dude, had big shelves of impatiens in two of the sheds. I said "WTF, aren't they all just gonna get spider mites, (or mealy bugs or whatever they get), and die ?". He said "Just wait". So we waited. Last Christmas they were doing great still. In January and February they were blooming. I asked him if he had a secret. He said "Yes. Bananas." (Well he said "Jes. Bananas", cuz his name is Jesus. Tongue ) What ? He lets some bananas get over-ripe in the sheds, they get fruit flies, the fruit flies like to eat the spider mites and their eggs, and viola .. the plants stay healthy all winter. The gardens outside are now full of them, and they didn't get any new ones this year. Wow. Jesus actually did do a miracle !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: A plant related discovery .. maybe ??
Does your Jesus do pools? I am battling to get ours right. Can I borrow him?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-06-2014, 05:56 PM
(21-06-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Does your Jesus do pools? I am battling to get ours right. Can I borrow him?

While he's working on it, see if he can walk across it. Big Grin
21-06-2014, 05:57 PM
(21-06-2014 05:56 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Does your Jesus do pools? I am battling to get ours right. Can I borrow him?

While he's working on it, see if he can walk across it. Big Grin

I'll be standing at the ready with my camera. Cool

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

21-06-2014, 06:02 PM

He has to go to Arizona and do my brother's first. Then maybe ??
My brother bought a foreclosed house in North Mesa. Contractor went belly-up. Really nice house, but millions of problems. What a frickin' disaster.
One neighbor fills their pool and the whole subdivision has no water for a week. Weeping Nice cacti though. Did you know it's against the law to cut or "harm" a saguaro cactus in Arizona ?
"Harming a saguaro in any manner, including cactus plugging, is illegal by state law in Arizona, and when houses or highways are built, special permits must be obtained to move or destroy any saguaro affected."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro

I'm a cactus murderer.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-06-2014, 06:03 PM
(21-06-2014 06:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

He has to go to Arizona and do my brother's first. Then maybe ??
My brother bought a foreclosed house in North Mesa. Contractor went belly-up. Really nice house, but millions of problems. What a frickin' disaster.
One neighbor fills their pool and the whole subdivision has no water for a week. Weeping Nice cacti though. Did you know it's against the law to cut or "harm" a saguaro cactus in Arizona ?
"Harming a saguaro in any manner, including cactus plugging, is illegal by state law in Arizona, and when houses or highways are built, special permits must be obtained to move or destroy any saguaro affected."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro

I'm a cactus murderer.

Actually I did know that...live in AZ for three years and learned that little nugget.

Well, at least Jesus is heading in the right direction but by the time he makes it here, swim season may be over. Sadcryface

21-06-2014, 06:06 PM
BB, your Jesus is just alright with me. Big Grin

I didn't get flowers this year. No water yet in that part of the yard.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-06-2014, 06:22 AM
(21-06-2014 05:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. Jesus actually did do a miracle !

Using science!
23-06-2014, 07:03 AM
(23-06-2014 06:22 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 05:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. Jesus actually did do a miracle !

Using science!

[Image: science.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post