A poor harvest...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 09:02 PM
A poor harvest...?
... Am I the only one to have found new titles to be a bit lacking in the "wow" factor this year? So far nothing has grabbed my attention. I thought it seemed odd that Dark Souls 2 was named 'Game of the Year', when it seemed to get such a lukewarm response compared to the original.

It might be because I'm still playing on a previous gen console, but even the next gen titles seem just kind of "meh" to me. I could probably afford a new console, but I'm not prepared to spend that much money without a real incentive. I know The Witcher 3 is on its way (not sure when the release date is), but I'm gonna need more than one great game to justify the cost.

For me, GTA V was the last game I really looked forward to... Since then its as though everything new has been just the next, underwhelming annual release (like COD is, and AC is in danger of becoming), or moderately interesting new titles

With the exception of The Witcher 3, I don't get the impression that there's a really huge title, one that will keep me occupied for months on end, anywhere on the horizon.

Maybe its just the inevitable anticlimax after what has been a great few years of gaming since about 2010 onwards, but I've never felt so uninspired by what's on offer, or what's up and coming.

Am I alone in feeling like this...?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: A poor harvest...?
I really enjoyed Far Cry 4

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Moon? No Harvest Moon is probably the issue.

I've had no mass interest in new and top games out of the industry for quite a while now. Thought I did kinda think there was plenty of worth in 13' still It's not a lot that impresses me.

But that's the norm of what happens with new generations, it takes some time for quality games to be really put out on them at a more consistent basis. The WiiU actually had the titles it needed to sell itself now after it's been out like what 2 years now?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-12-2014, 09:29 PM
(21-12-2014 09:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I really enjoyed Far Cry 4

Far Cry 4 is currently sitting under the Christmas tree... Big Grin

I am looking forward to it, but its not grabbed me like some games have in the past. I might be wrong, but I can't see myself getting totally absorbed into it, and being completely hooked for the next six months.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
21-12-2014, 09:33 PM
You will reach a weird point at which you wonder "Wow... It`s over.. Why? I want more!"

It`s really a very gripping and diverse expirience.

Most first person shooter always try to be the better call of duty.

The Far Cry developers have for almoust 10 years pent their time trying to marry the open world game concept with the first person shooter.

And they are getting better and better and better and better.

Everything wrong with Far Cry 2 was better in far Cry 3, everything wrong with Far Cry 3 was better in far Cry 4.

So right now i am looking forward to far cry 5 already Tongue

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
21-12-2014, 09:42 PM
(21-12-2014 09:33 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  You will reach a weird point at which you wonder "Wow... It`s over.. Why? I want more!"

It`s really a very gripping and diverse expirience.

Most first person shooter always try to be the better call of duty.

The Far Cry developers have for almoust 10 years pent their time trying to marry the open world game concept with the first person shooter.

And they are getting better and better and better and better.

Everything wrong with Far Cry 2 was better in far Cry 3, everything wrong with Far Cry 3 was better in far Cry 4.

So right now i am looking forward to far cry 5 already Tongue

I did enjoy Far Cry 3... I liked the sort of "Heart Of Darkness/Apocalypse Now" themes. The main character annoyed me quite a bit...

The big thing I'm looking forward to with FC4 is riding an elephant... Which I will name Hannibal, and he will serve as my bodyguard.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
26-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I got seriously bored of Far Cry 4. It just moved too slow for me.

I haven't really played many games, but the ones I have played have seemed very "meh" as well. COD was "meh" with a dash of "Cool rocket boosts" that quickly wore out.

Destiny started good, with a great concept, that quickly turned into another grind fest with little to no plot and Activision "lolDLC"ing it to death.

NHL15 was trash and took everything good from NHL14 and deleted it.

FIFA15 was okay, but they literally did nothing different but add voice commands.

The only thing I can say was a "Great" Experience, was the Free Silent Hill demo on PSN called "PT"....was absolutely fucking terrifying....and it was one fucking hallway.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"