A proper Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2012, 04:17 PM
A proper Introduction
Hi all,
So I have been on this forum for quite a while now, but I never properly introduced myself.
Some of you may recognise me, others may not. But since I am enjoying my stay on TTA, I
thought I might as well tell you a bit about myself. I will try to make it short(ish).

My name is Kevin, I'm fifteen and I live on a small, green island, known as Ireland. I
currently attend a Jesuit secondary school (highschool), and I recently finished my third year. I am
a big gamer, especially minecraft and forza, and I love cycling.

I was raised a Catholic (no surprises there), and I only became an athiest a few months
ago. One day in a religion class, my friend told me he was an atheist. I had never heard of the
term before and was surprised I even knew somebody who didn't believe in God.
I knew very little about it, so I searched 'atheism' into youtube to see what
would come up. I watched numerous videos about how 'atheists have no morals' and how
atheism can be debunked in 80 seconds. I got extremely angry because I knew it was all
shite. Anyway I did some more research, heard about TTA podcasts, la, di da, I am an
athiest. Since I was a fan of the podcasts, I winded up here.

I lurked on this forum for quite a while. I was not expecting it to be the way it is, but
I love it. At first I felt a little uncomfortable because I thought I was the only young
person on the forum, but I soon realised I was not the
only one. I sometimes feel I am not being taken seriously enough, but I now relalise that
it is not the case. Just as long as I act mature.

I really like the atmosphere around the forum. Everyone seems really nice and have the
same sense of humour and mind-set as me. I recognise a lot of the faces around TTA and
know quite a lot about them by reading their posts. Sometimes I can't stop laughing
when I read lucradis and the mods and whoever else go on about eating babies and stuff,
hilarious. I think I have gone too ripe now, so they probably think I don't taste nice!

I suppose that is enough about me for now. Just to let you know, up until now
I have been at school the whole time, so most of my posts were done from my phone because
it was easily to simply pick it up and head onto the forum, but now I am off school so I can
use the computer. The phone version is a bit awkward so it limited the quality of my posts.
Unfortunately, the computer is stuck in the mobile version and I can't fix it, so I am
unable to vote in polls, give rep and do fancy emoticons and colours and stuff Angry.

Anyway I am rambling here, so I guess I will see you guys around!
Adios!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
24-06-2012, 04:49 PM
RE: A proper Introduction
Ireland seems to be a fertile ground for atheists Smile

Welcome properly to the forum Smile
24-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Welcome.

You are only to ripe for the atheists, probably about the right age for the Irish priests.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
24-06-2012, 05:16 PM
(24-06-2012 04:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ireland seems to be a fertile ground for atheists Smile

Welcome properly to the forum Smile

Thanks! Smile

Eternal Wrote:You are only to ripe for the atheists, probably about the right age for the Irish priests.

Oh God Sad Most of them are fine but some are complete peados!
24-06-2012, 05:18 PM
(24-06-2012 04:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  My name is Kevin, I'm fifteen and I live on a small, green island, known as Ireland.

The fuck, Kevin? I like you better like this. hee hee heeBig Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Lol, Magoo.
Big Grin

Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-06-2012, 05:31 PM
(24-06-2012 05:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Lol, Magoo.
Big Grin

Thumbsup

Lol to you too Erx Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
24-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I knew you had an accent but could never place it. Now I can read it your text in an irish accent Thumbsup That's excellent.

A proper welcome for you. Glad you like it here. Smile
24-06-2012, 06:33 PM
(24-06-2012 06:06 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I knew you had an accent but could never place it. Now I can read it your text in an irish accent Thumbsup That's excellent.

Many thanks Smile When I read people's posts, I say them the way I would say them, I don't put a different voice or accent on them.
24-06-2012, 06:39 PM
(24-06-2012 06:33 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(24-06-2012 06:06 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I knew you had an accent but could never place it. Now I can read it your text in an irish accent Thumbsup That's excellent.

Many thanks Smile When I read people's posts, I say them the way I would say them, I don't put a different voice or accent on them.
So then everything I say is in an Irish accent? Even cooler! I always wanted to have an accent Smile