A proper Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: A proper Introduction
Something I noticed. You searched youtube to learn about a new thing to you.

Do a lot of people do that? I always wikipedia searched something since youtube is never without bias Wink

Wikipedia can have bias too.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 09:46 AM
depends. If I want to learn how to patch a hole in the wall, youtube. If I want to learn why a new recently discovered species of ant drinks the blood of it's lava, then I'll wiki that shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
14-07-2012, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 02:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-06-2012 04:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I was raised a Catholic (no surprises there), and I only became an athiest a few months ago. One day in a religion class, my friend told me he was an atheist. I had never heard of the term before and was surprised I even knew somebody who didn't believe in God. I knew very little about it, so I searched 'atheism' into youtube to see what would come up. I watched numerous videos about how 'atheists have no morals' and how atheism can be debunked in 80 seconds. I got extremely angry because I knew it was all shite. Anyway I did some more research, heard about TTA podcasts, la, di da, I am an athiest. Since I was a fan of the podcasts, I winded up here.

Kudos Magoo. Bravo brother. [Image: bravo-7466.gif]

Sounds like me. Except Girly didn't have no friend to point that out. And Girly didn't have no Google search. And Girly didn't have no podcasts. Girly didn't even have no fuckin' internet. Girly had books. ... And I had to walk through 3 feet of snow to get them. ... uphill. ... with no shoes. ... or pants ... with wolves chasing me. ... goddam you youngun's are spoiled. Big Grin

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-07-2012, 02:52 PM
(14-07-2012 02:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-06-2012 04:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I was raised a Catholic (no surprises there), and I only became an athiest a few months ago. One day in a religion class, my friend told me he was an atheist. I had never heard of the term before and was surprised I even knew somebody who didn't believe in God. I knew very little about it, so I searched 'atheism' into youtube to see what would come up. I watched numerous videos about how 'atheists have no morals' and how atheism can be debunked in 80 seconds. I got extremely angry because I knew it was all shite. Anyway I did some more research, heard about TTA podcasts, la, di da, I am an athiest. Since I was a fan of the podcasts, I winded up here.

Sounds like me. Except Girly didn't have no friend to point that out. And Girly didn't have no Google search. And Girly didn't have no podcasts. Girly didn't even have no fuckin' internet. Girly had books. ... And I had to walk through 3 feet of snow to get them. ... uphill. ... with no shoes. ... or pants ... goddam you youngun's are spoiled. Big Grin
Well, thank God there were no wolves chasing you. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Just bearded tribesmen. Riding T-Rexes.