A query for the man who Thinks Deeply

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 04:26 PM
A query for the man who Thinks Deeply
So here's the sitch, Mr. Forum Tech man. I have a bit of OCD. Those dots next to each section that signify new posts are great, but my OCD won't allow me to leave them be. So I must click them all until they are clear... but by then a new post has popped up and I must click it down again. And this cycle repeats until an hour has gone by and I've done nothing but click at colored circles.

So I'm wondering, is there a Clear All type option to clear all the new post icons at once? And if not, could there be?

Just a project idea for when you're bored.

Hot coffee to you and yours.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2011, 04:38 PM
RE: A query for the man who Thinks Deeply
(16-12-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So here's the sitch, Mr. Forum Tech man. I have a bit of OCD. Those dots next to each section that signify new posts are great, but my OCD won't allow me to leave them be. So I must click them all until they are clear... but by then a new post has popped up and I must click it down again. And this cycle repeats until an hour has gone by and I've done nothing but click at colored circles.

You'd do well to avoid playing at Whack a Mole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2011, 05:44 PM
There is an option at the Bottom that says "mark all forums read" click that it gets rid of the dots.
16-12-2011, 05:58 PM
(16-12-2011 05:44 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  There is an option at the Bottom that says "mark all forums read" click that it gets rid of the dots.

That was too easy. What sorcery is this? Burn the Scot!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-12-2011, 06:08 PM
(16-12-2011 05:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That was too easy. What sorcery is this? Burn the Scot!

no sorcery, i channeled deepthought's thoughts using nothing more than, a oujia board, a human sacrifice, an ancient incantation and the medium...of dance!
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
16-12-2011, 07:23 PM
(16-12-2011 06:08 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(16-12-2011 05:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That was too easy. What sorcery is this? Burn the Scot!

no sorcery, i channeled deepthought's thoughts using nothing more than, a oujia board, a human sacrifice, an ancient incantation and the medium...of dance!

Phew, that's good. I couldn't find any firewood. If by human sacrifice you mean eating babies, then I'm all for it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Words?

Reading?

I don't have time for such pleasantries. Now I will spend my time clicking the link at the bottom repeatedly!

Thanks!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post