A question about medical appointment in the West.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: A question about medical appointment in the West.
Dental in US is same as Druid posted for Canada. Unless you are in risk of sepsis from infection, or had it completely knocked out, they would probably send you away and tell you to call a dentist.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Hu- in china, do you have a regular doctor that you see for preventative care on a regular basis? A yearly checkup that includes physical exam, blood work, and other checks for things like diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer screenings, heart and lungs.

Or do you always see a different doctor and only go when there is an issue?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
08-03-2014, 10:22 AM
(08-03-2014 09:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Both my dentist and doctor set aside time each day for urgent cases.

^ That. And they get to charge my insurance company more for urgent care as well so it's a win-win. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2014, 04:26 PM
(08-03-2014 09:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hu- in china, do you have a regular doctor that you see for preventative care on a regular basis? A yearly checkup that includes physical exam, blood work, and other checks for things like diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer screenings, heart and lungs.

Or do you always see a different doctor and only go when there is an issue?

Yearly checkup, yes. Same doctor, no.

Yearly checkup is generally covered by the employors. But it can be purchase individually also. It normally comes with a form, with which I go to see different doctors for various checks, like the physical exam, blood work, B supersonics and etc., general stuff.

More specific checkups like cancer screening using biochips or colonoscopy are not included in the ordinary yearly checkups and has to be purchased separately.

As for the same illness at the same hospital, in smaller ones, normally there is the same doctor for me; in larger ones, there are several of them, and if I want to be treated immediately then it is not likely the same doctor, or I can choose to come again at a specific doctor's "office hours".

From 10 years ago, hospitals start to hand out register cards, which allow the patients and doctors have access and store medical records in hospital computer systems. Now, a lot major hospitals won't accept a patient unless he/she has a such card, which, in fact, is free or costs very little.

Want something? Then do something.
09-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Things have gotten bad around here. Hospitals are closing.