A question about the flood myth, baraminology, and Pangaea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: A question about the flood myth, baraminology, and Pangaea
Ah yes of course, there are two further groups that these fables are written for, which Inquisition hath remindeth me of, verily.

The first is the very stupid. Don't discount them. They have money and there're a lot of them.

The second is the likes of Q. So fucken convinced of their truth that they will swallow anything as long as they can still believe their fairy story.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-02-2016, 10:52 AM
(23-02-2016 10:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah yes of course, there are two further groups that these fables are written for, which Inquisition hath remindeth me of, verily.

The first is the very stupid. Don't discount them. They have money and there're a lot of them.

The second is the likes of Q. So fucken convinced of their truth that they will swallow anything as long as they can still believe their fairy story.

And the difference between the very stupid and Q is?
The money?
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
23-02-2016, 11:07 AM
I was about to ask the same thing.
23-02-2016, 03:32 PM
(23-02-2016 09:49 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The magic defense is the greatest strength and weakness of flood apologia.

It's great, because it can "answer" any question.

And yet it rarely does. If they just stuck to miracles they'd be fine. Instead they try to make it into cretin science and in doing so invoke utterly implausible physical mechanisms.

The worst part of every last one of these is that they were built in from the word go. The god of these dimbulbs had the place rigged to self-destruct and the timer was ticking long before Adam set foot in the garden. So much for free will.

Their god made humanity with premeditated malice for the express purpose of genocide.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-02-2016, 07:37 PM
You doing dat learning behind my back Robby Bouche!

Science is the devil! Now come over here and let Fodder brush ya hair.
23-02-2016, 07:52 PM
See, Robby. A thread like this can go so well when you don't have a Drippy fucking it up!

Angel

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-02-2016, 12:47 AM
(23-02-2016 10:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 10:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah yes of course, there are two further groups that these fables are written for, which Inquisition hath remindeth me of, verily.

And the difference between the very stupid and Q is?
The money?

For me the Q types are intelligent - I have a friend who is an extremely talented engineer, but spends all his time on Facebook posting moral homilies Dodgy They're just *so* invested in their fairytale that they devote huge amounts of effort and waste their intelligence, on making up ludicrous reasons why they *could* be right.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-02-2016, 04:15 AM
Quote:For me the Q types are intelligent

It really depends on how exactly one defines "intelligent".
Yes he is more coherent than others (the batshit crazy ones). He can make an argument and stick to it and keep his thoughts as coherent as possible (when presenting incoherent ideas).

BUT

He also clearly doesnt care to learn and honestly interact with others. Which is demonstrated by the fact that he has been corrected on certain things over and over again, but the next time uses his refuted shit again, as if nothing happend the fucking day just before. To me its not necessarily a sign of (higher) intellect if someone is willful ignorant. Really intelligent people just do not waste their time by trying to stay ignorant. They are driven by their high intellect, they dont have complete control over it (in terms of not making use of it). At least thats my experience with such people. Its soemtimes hard to draw a line between dishonesty and stupidity however. He clearly is very dishonest, which requires some intellect in the first place, particularly in order to try and hide his dishonesty when caught red handed. I think he is doing a better job than most others when it comes to covering up his ass when caught lying or trying to refuse to answer questions directd at him. On the other hand, he sometimes presents himself and his thoughts in such utterly absurd ways and with such absurd statements that i quite refuse to believe an intelligent person would embarass himself by doing so, disingenuous or not. Yet some people, even reasonable intelligent (but immoral/dishonest), do not have any sense of shame or embarassement.
I do mostly give him the benefit ouf doubt of being rather stupid than just disingenuous, because to me the dishonest ones are more dangerous to society than the stupid.

I have to admit however, since i have never been exposed to heavy religious indoctrination and brainwashing myself, and hardly know any people who have (1, maybe two), i do not know how the minds of such persons deal with the cognitive dissonace that must be around, in a world and time where its all but easy to stay as ignorant as you need, in order to be able to keep believing in your delusions.

Summary: I see hints of intellect and signs of sheer stupidity. But maybe the stupidity i see is just the delusion and i am not really able to identify correctly.

P.S.: I am also working close to an engineer (for almost a decade now), and he is that 1 person i mentioned. He is the very rare kind here of an evangelical christian. He is a good engineer and very rational, clearly has some intellect.
but
He has a bible at his desk......right next to the datasheet of some high end integrated circuit. So i can quite relate to what you say.
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
24-02-2016, 10:56 AM
(22-02-2016 04:13 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why kill all land animals but not the fish?
And why kill animals because humans are bad?
Is this "collateral damage"?
What did the fucking animals do to god to deserve (near) extinction, especially compared to all the fish?
Why not killing all animals, including the fish? At least that would have been more fair regarding the land animals and collateral damage.

A good number of the fish would have died as well. Depending on what they think the world would have been flooded with Fresh or Salt water. With the added pressure that could have accrued from all that extra water would have been dramatic to the fishes climates. We can see how temperamental the coral reefs can be.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Whenever jesus freak assholes start talking about their fucking flood I am reminded of this comment by Celsus, c 180 AD as quoted by the xtian writer, Origen.

Quote:"God does not inflict correction on the world as if he were some unskilled laborer who is incapable of building something properly the first time around; God has no need to purify what he has built by means of a flood or a conflagration (as they teach)."

The platonist Celsus seems to have a higher opinion of god than these moronic xtians!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post