A question about women and relationships

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2011, 06:12 PM

RE: A question about women and relationships
Try volunteering. Choose something you enjoy doing and you'll get to meet a lot of people, and it's a good place to practice starting conversations as No J suggested. I walked dogs for a summer and met some awesome people (and some awesome puppies ^_^)
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 06:36 PM
(26-02-2011 05:02 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  trillium
You're on of the lucky ones.
Best wished to you and your husband.
Me - I'm not the lucky guy.
I honestly have discussions with women at times and feel I'm making first contact with an alien race.I can't get ANY vibes.I don't get any subtle hints - nothing.
It just feels weird and awkward.

It sounds like you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Before my husband and I met, we both had some seriously shitty relationships. Neither of us were looking, and I think that helped us find each other. We're not young either-not old, mind you, but not kids. Wink

There is a balance between being comfortable with yourself and what you want, and being considerate of others and what they want. You have to be yourself in conversation, but at the same time be a good listener and consider the feelings of the other person. I honestly think you're meeting the wrong kind of women in the wrong places and being too hard on yourself. What else do you do, besides go to bars and hang out here? Wink

Hey, you never know where you're going to meet someone. My parents met on a blind date.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2011, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2011 10:23 AM by omega21.)
(26-02-2011 01:38 PM)mBear Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 11:21 AM)omega21 Wrote:  Do women put a lot of emphasis on money and looks when it comes to relationships? I mean there are so many people that they can easily find a personality that they like among multiple people. Of those multiple people wouldn't it just be realistic for women to go with the guy that has plenty of money, and good looks? I have an on campus job, so for now I can afford dates and gifts. I am still single however but I guess it is because I look really young for my age and they are not attracted to me physically. Also it seems all the guys who have girlfriends have money and they are guys that many girls think look attractive.

All in all the question is do women bring in money and looks majorily when it comes to choosing a partner? The evidence seems to be supporting me when it comes to personal experiences.

Yea, some women do look for looks and money, but I also bet they don't care about the guys personality at all. If a women won't date you because you don't have enough money, she is not even worth your time.

As for looks, I won't lie and tell you they are irrelevant. You can't start a relationship with someone you are not physically attracted to on some level. But with that being said, there are so many women out there all with different 'tastes'. You say you look young for your age? I bet there are a lot of women who find that attractive. I don't believe in setting a standard for what's attractive and what isn't, I believe every single person is attractive in their own way (For example, I don't find athletes or any male models attractive at all, I am more attracted to nerds XD). I guess the difficult part is finding someone, but it's not impossible Smile

Thanks for your honesty. Hopefully I can find a girl that doesn't mind the fact I look young. Looks like you care more about intelligence in men rather than looks which is highly respectful. I care more about personality in girls then anything else, but looks do play a role to an extent.
(25-02-2011 04:37 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(24-02-2011 09:12 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Not all of us can be drop dead gorgeous or rich or both. I think most reasonable people understand that. Do women like little gifts here and there? Of course! But mostly she wants to know that you're thinking about her, that you care about what she thinks and feels, that you're there for her always, and that you love and accept her because of who she is, not despite who she is.
This one should be golden for you Omega. +1 rep Trillium!
(25-02-2011 03:28 PM)No J. Wrote:  1. Be yourself.
2. Meet women just to meet women.
3. Harbor no intentions.
4. Stop trying so hard.
5. Be confident in the fact that, if you relax and be yourself you will be more successful.
6. Ignore any doubts you have.
7. If you are afraid to talk to a particular woman, forget about her. Do you want to be in a relationship where you are afraid to open your mouth?
8. Get familiar with that subtle form of communication woman use. Women and men have totally different ways of talking/thinking.

Omega21
Should you run into a women who chooses you because you the richest guy at the party I suggest you run like hell
You don't, you really really don't, need that sort of person in your life!

Lol i agree. Gold diggers are the type to watch out for, and sadly there are a few out there.
Glad to see all the girls on here don't care about just money and looks. All the guys and girls gave me great advice thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply