A question for Christians and a question for atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 08:16 AM
A question for Christians and a question for atheist...
Question for Christians:

Now we've all heard these miracle stories (not the biblical ones, testaments we hear from other people), and they're always something like... "I used to be homeless, spending my nights beating up old people and robbing liquor stores, then straining liquid crack through a piece of burnt toast behind the dumpster at McDonald's"... or ..."My friend had terminal brain cancer and she prayed really really hard, then she woke up the next day and poof it was gone (I'm guessing it starved to death).

My question is... has there ever been a claim or testament you've heard from a fellow Christian that you didn't believe? That you thought might be total BS made up for the point of getting attention?

Question for atheist:

I'm sure many of us, including myself have been told that we are damned to spend an eternity in the suffering of the Christian Hell. So my question to you is...

How do you typically respond to this?

I myself tend to laugh. I mean the idea is as absurd as someone telling me that if I get out of bed, the boogie monster will get me. If I'm feeling particularly dickish that day, I might also add in something like "Good, I'll gladly take Hell over an eternity with Christians."

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
27-02-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: A question for Christians and a question for atheist...
As an atheist I would reply with .....

If I do become some kind of spirit in an afterlife, I'll go where ever I damn well please.
Nothing will be able to stop me. Your god has power over you because you believe it does.
You willingly become a servant and or prisoner.

My free will and lack of belief means that my mind cannot be restrained.

PS. Have fun in hell. That line in the bible about being forgiven is a lie.
Do you really think you deserve heaven after all the sins you've committed for your entire life ?
Do you really think that's going to go unpunished ?

Then I laugh and walk away Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
27-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Unrequited laughter is usually my go to response.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I can't go to a place that does not exist.. it'd be that simple for me.. but I don't really argue about religion anymore.. or really even talk about it much.. just got tired of hearing the same shit over and over and people expecting me to prove something to them.. as if my lack of belief is something I have to justify. meh..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
27-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Easy one...

"Fuck that! I'll be damned if I'm going to hell!"

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
27-02-2013, 10:44 AM
"In which religion? There are far too many religions that threaten with hell. What makes yours so special?"

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
27-02-2013, 10:56 AM
I tend to look awkward because I'm biting my tongue in an effort to not make fun of them. I've never had anyone directly tell me I'm going to burn in Hell. If the subject comes up, and we're debating, the most I've ever said is,"I can't be condemned to something I don't believe in."

on the other hand, I'm waiting for some crazy religious person to say ANYTHING about my son going to Hell. That has been on my mind for some time. That's like the ultimate child abuse; someone believes I've condemned my child to a horrible place.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
27-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Christian answer:

Yes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
27-02-2013, 12:51 PM
(27-02-2013 08:16 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Question for atheist:

I'm sure many of us, including myself have been told that we are damned to spend an eternity in the suffering of the Christian Hell. So my question to you is...

How do you typically respond to this?

I myself tend to laugh. I mean the idea is as absurd as someone telling me that if I get out of bed, the boogie monster will get me. If I'm feeling particularly dickish that day, I might also add in something like "Good, I'll gladly take Hell over an eternity with Christians."

Options:
"LOL"
"Sure, whatever you say bud."
*Initiate debate on the morality of eternal torture and vicarious redemption*
"Nah, I'm going to Valhalla/FSM Heaven/72 Virginville/etc. YOU'RE the one who's gonna burn."
"Cool, all my friends will be there."

My favorite:
"Actually hell is a pretty chill place. The lake of fire is just for ventilation. The banks will jump to be the first to offer you a line of credit, since in eternity you're bound to pay it off with much interest eventually. There are only two lawyers, and no asshole Christians running around being prideful. You should visit some time. I recommend spending your first night at the Sans Souci Sheraton and ask for company. Wink"

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
27-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Most of the buggers I chat to these days... are a bit more sophisticated than Pascal's wager...