A question for Christians and a question for atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: A question for Christians and a question for atheist...
(27-02-2013 08:16 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Question for atheist:

I'm sure many of us, including myself have been told that we are damned to spend an eternity in the suffering of the Christian Hell. So my question to you is...

How do you typically respond to this?
"That's kinda like telling an adult that Santa isn't going to bring them any presents this year."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ArchAtheistMichael's post
02-03-2013, 07:07 AM
I respond by asking the theist whether or not it is reasonable, whether or not it is moral, for the god of all things, the omniscient god who knew everything that would happen in every possible universe and decided to create this universe, the universe that best met his goals for his creation... whether it is reasonable and moral for him to send most of his beloved children who have ever lived to face eternal torture for the crime of not believing in him - belief, faith that he decided not to bestow upon them - belief, faith that is his gift withheld.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, with around 41000 denominations of Christianity, Id start by asking which version of hell was I going to go to?

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
02-03-2013, 05:32 PM
(27-02-2013 08:16 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Question for Christians:

Now we've all heard these miracle stories (not the biblical ones, testaments we hear from other people), and they're always something like... "I used to be homeless, spending my nights beating up old people and robbing liquor stores, then straining liquid crack through a piece of burnt toast behind the dumpster at McDonald's"... or ..."My friend had terminal brain cancer and she prayed really really hard, then she woke up the next day and poof it was gone (I'm guessing it starved to death).

My question is... has there ever been a claim or testament you've heard from a fellow Christian that you didn't believe? That you thought might be total BS made up for the point of getting attention?

Question for atheist:

I'm sure many of us, including myself have been told that we are damned to spend an eternity in the suffering of the Christian Hell. So my question to you is...

I myself tend to laugh. I mean the idea is as absurd as someone telling me that if I get out of bed, the boogie monster will get me. If I'm feeling particularly dickish that day, I might also add in something like "Good, I'll gladly take Hell over an eternity with Christians."
02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I'll answer both....

As a Christian if you do not believe someone else's claim at a miracle, why would you believe a book which has been translated, rewritten and wrote many times over, where your "Messiah" never lived? Over someone who claimed real time proof of such claims...

As a Atheist (which just for fun, I will say I am... I am a Anti-theist) I t simply say, provide evidence of "God" first... Its ridiculous question really, which hell are we talking about?
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Now we've all heard these miracle stories (not the biblical ones, testaments we hear from other people), and they're always something like... "I used to be homeless, spending my nights beating up old people and robbing liquor stores, then straining liquid crack through a piece of burnt toast behind the dumpster at McDonald's"... or ..."My friend had terminal brain cancer and she prayed really really hard, then she woke up the next day and poof it was gone (I'm guessing it starved to death).

My question is... has there ever been a claim or testament you've heard from a fellow Christian that you didn't believe? That you thought might be total BS made up for the point of getting attention?

Question for atheist:

I myself tend to laugh. I mean the idea is as absurd as someone telling me that if I get out of bed, the boogie monster will get me. If I'm feeling particularly dickish that day, I might also add in something like "Good, I'll gladly take Hell over an eternity with Christians."

If god is omnipresent then why would he deny himself inside of me and then send a piece of himself to suffer forever?

Then I smile.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 12:49 AM by Misanthropik.)
(27-02-2013 08:16 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  I'm sure many of us, including myself have been told that we are damned to spend an eternity in the suffering of the Christian Hell. So my question to you is...

Depends on what mood I'm in.

1) "An eternity of being burned alive while demons poke me in the ass with pitchforks? ...Sounds kinky. Consider "

2) "I'm sure you already know that, as an atheist, I don't believe in Hell. I don't even believe in the soul that would be required to go to Hell in order to be tortured. Because you know that; I can only conclude that you're telling me I'm going to burn in Hell as some misguided attempt to scare me. But again, I do not believe Hell exists in the first place. With that being the case, you truly might as well be threatening me with the monster that lives under the bed."

3) "So, essentially, you're telling me that instead of being in Heaven for all eternity with Kirk Cameron, William Craig, my grandmother, both of my ex's, the Pope, Mother-fucking Theresa, the entirety of the WBC and any other crazy, sign-waving, bigotted and deluded fuck-nut who has ever lived; I'll get to spend eternity in Hell with Hitchens, Dawkins, Sagan, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney, the Mythbusters, Krauss, Tyson, and pretty much every hooker or stripper who ever lived and, of course, the great George Carlin? Where do I sign up?"

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
09-03-2013, 03:56 PM
A reply to the irritating ''you'll go and burn in hell'' line would be, ''Okay..see ya there!" Wink

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally.”
- Oscar Wilde
09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Anyone choosing a religion should consider Seventh Day Adventism.
They opt for soul sleep or extinction rather than eternal torture Unsure
10-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Question for atheist:

I had a friend once who told a fellow Christian friend of ours that she would ask for forgiveness when she started to see the light. It's that easy, right? I've been told many times that I'm going to hell and I never know how to respond. I try to respect their beliefs, but it's very difficult when they're shoving it down your throat.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~