A question for any lurking theists on these forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 06:31 PM
A question for any lurking theists on these forums.
I had an idea really. A thought experiment for you theists to think about that I would like your opinion on.

Now, one of your ten commandments stricktly says that There is only one single god in the entire universe and you can "ONLY" pray and worship "THAT" god. Now, leaving the argument and fact out that your god is petty, jealous and so forth out of this for now.
You also assert that he is omnipresent. Which means that he "your god" exists inside of every single atom in the entire universe.

Now, lets say that I am of the Shinto faith and I pray to Amaterasu! I am breaking the one true gods commandment of Thou shalt not have any other gods before me. Now, as I read that, I am reading it as you cannot pray to the "other" gods, you must pray to only me which would mean by how it is worded that yahweh, Jesus or allah or whatever name of the Abraham god you want to call him and he actually goes by, is acknowledging that not only other gods exist, but he is so jealous of them that he does not want you to HAVE THEM before HIM. You will not have any other gods BEFORE him and him only. I can go further and keep drilling this idea into your head but I think that is good for part 1 of my explanation here that will lead into my eventual but complex question. Now, assuming that is wrong, or right it doesn't matter, let's say I am praying to the Sun Goddess Amaterasu.

I am praying to the "literal" sun itself. Because God allmighty, Jesus or whatever you want to call him IS the "LITERAL" sun itself.

Does that not mean I AM praying to YOUR god? To the only god? I am not praying to thin air and BECAUSE there is only one possible god I could ever be communicating with to begin with, he is the only god whom will ever hear me and respond.

Therefor, Thou Shalt not have any other gods before me is extremely pointless unless one of two things is occurring.

1. There IS more than a single god and he is jealous of the others and doesn't want your attention pulled away from him which would make him an evil god, or

2. He really, really, really, really, really, REALLY REALLY< Does not like people calling him by the wrong name! Which is an extremely silly thing to be upset about.

So, just maybe, even if your god might exist. Do you think that this major loop hole in logic from a being who is suppose to be beyond our comprehension might be a little bit of proof that the 10 commandments were made up by a guy who wanted to control people by controlling what they did and tried to streamline what god they worshiped?

Because if you ask me, thou shalt not have any other gods before me is extremely pointless and in my opinion. A Being who is unimaginably intelligent would never had thought up something so incredibly stupid, pointless and a waste of our time as something we could be tortured for all eternity for.

You know, by calling god by the wrong name since we are still praying to him regardless of what name we call him by....unless other gods also exist too and he is just a petty jealous dummy head.

So I would like to hear your thoughts about that. Why do you think such a being would have such a commandment when it is so utterly pointless or petty ( if you want to concede the idea of the possibility of more than one deity)

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
12-02-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: A question for any lurking theists on these forums.
I love when they say "there is only one god" when even the ten commandments suggests otherwise, or uhoh, so does the bible:

(KJV) Psalms 82.1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
12-02-2015, 07:45 PM
(12-02-2015 06:34 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I love when they say "there is only one god" when even the ten commandments suggests otherwise, or uhoh, so does the bible:

(KJV) Psalms 82.1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Yep the "council of the gods" is a Sumerian-derived concept.

The idea of god being jealous points to this god having a separate identity from other gods which nukes the omnipresent aspect that is asserted as part of his nature.

Omnipresent is directly linked to omniscience, you can't know everything unless you're present everywhere. If this deity isn't omnipresent or omniscient, it sure isn't omnipotent. The whole omni thing is a ridiculous and impossible concept, you might as well say god is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Impossible things of the imagination are described with impossible concepts of the imagination.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Those theists have sure dug a big ol hole of horse shit.
12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Yabut, you guys are still using NT when the true faith has upgraded to XP.

There is no god but Allah.

(A phrase that is exactly two words too long ~~ Hitch)

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post