A question that every theist should be asked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 10:03 AM
RE: A question that every theist should be asked
(14-10-2014 09:59 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are such a passive-aggressive twit. Piss off.

Again, this very forum suggests asking questions and learning. If you consider questions submitted to you respectfully passive-aggressive, I can be more direct. Please do not be a schoolteacher or college professor, ever! Thanks.

Please do not reproduce, ever. Thanks.

I have tutored high school students and I have instructed at the university level, by the way.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 10:57 AM
(14-10-2014 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 09:59 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Again, this very forum suggests asking questions and learning. If you consider questions submitted to you respectfully passive-aggressive, I can be more direct. Please do not be a schoolteacher or college professor, ever! Thanks.

Please do not reproduce, ever. Thanks.

I have tutored high school students and I have instructed at the university level, by the way.

And have you told your precious students, your disciples, that they are being passive-aggressive when they ask you sincere questions? You have, haven't you?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
14-10-2014, 11:17 AM
(14-10-2014 10:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please do not reproduce, ever. Thanks.

And have you told your precious students, your disciples, that they are being passive-aggressive when they ask you sincere questions? You have, haven't you?

That last one is a poster child for passive-aggressive.

You haven't asked one sincere question since you arrived. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Oh FFS. Did I just read that quoted post? Here we go again:

1. I come to these forums to learn and you're mean to me.
2. There are "Christians," and there are "true" Christians.
3. Prayer works because I have lots of stories about it working. If it doesn't work it's because you're doing it wrong, because it always works.
4. The flooding of the earth was not evil. Slaves were not slaves. Genocide was not genocide.
5. Bible versus are proof of whatever argument it is I'm attempting.
6. I love my enemies; you atheists are full of hate.
7. Starving children/genocide/cancer/infant deaths are not bad.
8. It's OK to hit a baby with a switch.
9. Everything that happens has been predicted by biblical prophecy.
10. I'm ignoring your argument and points and instead redirecting the conversation to where I'm more comfortable.
11. Passive-aggressive response every other post.
12. Incredible inability to understand the mindset of anyone outside his religion, other than his own projections of what they must be thinking.

PJ Continuum strikes again.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
14-10-2014, 12:34 PM
(14-10-2014 11:31 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Oh FFS. Did I just read that quoted post? Here we go again:

1. I come to these forums to learn and you're mean to me.
2. There are "Christians," and there are "true" Christians.
3. Prayer works because I have lots of stories about it working. If it doesn't work it's because you're doing it wrong, because it always works.
4. The flooding of the earth was not evil. Slaves were not slaves. Genocide was not genocide.
5. Bible versus are proof of whatever argument it is I'm attempting.
6. I love my enemies; you atheists are full of hate.
7. Starving children/genocide/cancer/infant deaths are not bad.
8. It's OK to hit a baby with a switch.
9. Everything that happens has been predicted by biblical prophecy.
10. I'm ignoring your argument and points and instead redirecting the conversation to where I'm more comfortable.
11. Passive-aggressive response every other post.
12. Incredible inability to understand the mindset of anyone outside his religion, other than his own projections of what they must be thinking.

PJ Continuum strikes again.
Christian morality everyone!!

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 01:55 PM
(14-10-2014 11:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And have you told your precious students, your disciples, that they are being passive-aggressive when they ask you sincere questions? You have, haven't you?

That last one is a poster child for passive-aggressive.

You haven't asked one sincere question since you arrived. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

I apologize. I've had some bad experiences, because I know a lot of lovely atheist people, but none of them are professors. Perhaps I can be a guest in one of your classes sometime and see a delightful difference. Perhaps you are snippy with me because you are too busy to really answer my questions, and that's okay.

By the way, can you point us all to a post of yours where you asked me a sincere question since I joined here a few weeks ago?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.