A quick dose of positivity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 05:14 PM by Cosmo.)
A quick dose of positivity.
Ran into this again. This quote uplifts me especially because I remember the circumstances under which she wrote it. It was like a revelation to me the first time I had ever read it. You may have read it before, but I'm more than happy to post it so it can be read again.

[Image: 206792-Anne-Frank-Quote-What-a-wonderful...of-the.jpg]

This has been my experience the past little while. Life has peaks and troughs, and it takes some living to realize the peaks are worth the troughs. To me, even one moment of true wonder can be worth a great deal of misery.

Okay just one more uplifting moment. I'm feeling mushy.

This is from 'The Pursuit of Happyness.' It's based on a true story. This man, Chris Gardner, deals with more misery and heartbreak than any one man should have to. And then, in the blink of an eye, everything changes.

If you had the chance to ask him if it was worth it, I think he'd say yes.

Life has been changing for me. I feel like I'm coming out the other end of a dark tunnel lately. These past two years have consisted of, being permanently laid off, a debilitating car crash, subsequently battling a drinking problem, having almost all of my friends and my girlfriend abandon me because I abandoned my religion, crushing loneliness, and piles of debt... ... things can be hard sometimes.

But things change. Sometimes, they change in the blink of an eye. If you've been going through a tough time lately, please remember, things can change. Sometimes, in the blink of an eye. Your moment of happyness is coming, and I think, I hope, that it is worth it.

With that, I hope your day today has gone better than the day before, and that the day after this will go better than your day today.

I'm done being mushy now.

Peace

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Cosmo's post
07-08-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: A quick dose of positivity.
I love this. I also remind myself sometimes to try to live life as though, if magically given the opportunity to live it all over again, minute for minute with NO changes, it would be worth it to say yes to a second time.

My father has had some rough times. Really rough times. I posed that question to him a few years ago. I was uplifted that he said yes. Without hesitation.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
07-08-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: A quick dose of positivity.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other and remember that your next day -- your next breath -- is up for grabs.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post