A quick introduction of a newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2012, 11:55 PM
RE: A quick introduction of a newbie
*When I wrote this OP they where still alive UndecidedUndecided*
*sigh :'-( *

As my time on this forum grew I started to understand that one of the upsides of organised religion the simple fact is that you have interaction with peers. Something that’s seriously lacking in an atheistic community. Part (if not all) of that interaction I could find here. You people are the parish-members I was missing, so to say.

As you might understand from the OP, I wasn’t really looking whether god existed or not but i was more looking for clues how to fill in certain voids left by religion. I think that is much more challenging then the "truth question" simply because the truth question is already preformed over the last 2000 years but the sociological question keeps evolving. As you might have noticed, I hardly engage in "truth" debates.

Interesting stuff.

(14-02-2012 08:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 04:42 PM)Observer Wrote:  I feel as this forum made me a better human!

And I think the forum's better for having you.
With all this silliness I write, I find this so hard to believe I add some value. Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
15-02-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: A quick introduction of a newbie
(14-02-2012 11:55 PM)Observer Wrote:  With all this silliness I write, I find this so hard to believe I add some value. Big Grin

To be honest I find the casual threads where we all just have a laugh as more valuable than the serious threads in a way.

As I see it the serious threads are where we expand our knowledge, increase our experience and refine our debating ability. Whereas the casual threads are where the 'community spirit' is born, that's where we get to 'know' (as much as you can over the internet), and even care about, each other.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post