A quote starts an religious war.
Between Catholics and Protestants:

Enjoy the fighting: Big Grin
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/3260/part1.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9757/part2wd.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/603/part3o.jpg
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5995/part4.jpg

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Doctor's post
02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
RE: A quote starts an religious war.
[Image: 12172793211671.jpg]

And the most ironic thing is that we have here two denominations of the same core religion fighting each other to see who have the sexiest way of believing in the very same imaginary friend... tsk tsk.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
02-06-2011, 09:26 PM

(02-06-2011 09:00 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Between Catholics and Protestants:
A war between Catholics and Protestants starts over a quote? Wow, and they were so close before. Tongue

The power of the God of Love and the Prince of Peace. (If you're dysfunctional socially and prone to masochistic tendencies)
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I kinda felt creeped out by the whole atmosphere of the place. I felt like I just walked into a room where a cult was beheading a goat and everyone was praising HIM so that HE can come and take his SERVANTS away!

Why do the religious always do that? He or HIM... like their deity will be offended if his pronoun isn't capitalized.

Thou shalt capitalize my name when arguing in my behalf!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
If you want to join the fun or poke fun of these people:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Voice-...1006419356

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM

(02-06-2011 09:30 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I kinda felt creeped out by the whole atmosphere of the place. I felt like I just walked into a room where a cult was beheading a goat and everyone was praising HIM so that HE can come and take his SERVANTS away!

Why do the religious always do that? He or HIM... like their deity will be offended if his pronoun isn't capitalized.

Thou shalt capitalize my name when arguing in my behalf!
I had a very short membership at a Theist website, over that very issue. I wasn't kicked or anything, I simply left.

I should have known something was up when this one SN appeared on the main forum page having been the last word on virtually every single post. Many of which we weeks old. So I later could see that others had simply given up too.

He refused to debate, because he literally could not get past the lower case "g" in god, when I posted a reply to someone else's thread, regarding god's omni-powers. I was fascinated at the level to which he stooped, so as to obsess with berating the use of one letter.
God is the universal power. Worshiped by minds the size of a grain of sand. Confused
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 10:30 PM by Efrx86.)
(02-06-2011 09:31 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  If you want to join the fun or poke fun of these people:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Voice-...1006419356

Adam Evans - Do you own the book or you taken an quote out of context. Why do you should be worried about. Jews, Christians, and Muslims pray to the same damn god.
Tuesday at 2:53pm

Ursula Pasche Stouffer - Actually, Adam, the Muslims do NOT pray to the same god as us at all. Allah is Satan, not our God.
Wednesday at 2:57am

*chuckle* I guess she doesn't know that Christian Arabs call their god Allah too, or that Muslims in English-speaking countries may refer to their god as "God", because Allah is simply "god" in Arabic.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh that group is fun. I have gotten PM from those members.

02-06-2011, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 10:52 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
(02-06-2011 10:27 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  Ursula Pasche Stouffer - Actually, Adam, the Muslims do NOT pray to the same god as us at all. Allah is Satan, not our God.
Wednesday at 2:57am

*chuckle* I guess she doesn't know that Christian Arabs call their god Allah too, or that Muslims in English-speaking countries may refer to their god as "God", because Allah is simply "god" in Arabic.

Oh dear... Aparently she does not know the story of Isaac and Ishmael.... tsk tsk.

You should said that to her about it and see what she says, most of the times that makes christians go nuts Big Grin

Taken from Wikipedia:
Quote:Ishmael (Arabic: إسماعيل‎ Ismā'īl) is recognized as an important prophet and patriarch of Islam. Muslims believe that Ishmael was the firstborn of Abraham, born to him from his second wife Hagar. Ishmael is recognized by Muslims as the ancestor of several prominent Arab tribes and being the forefather of Muhammad.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
03-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Actually, I think this FB exchange reflects the intolerance of Christianity that has always festered under the surface. Politicians have tried to unite them as a common front against unbelievers or against abortion, etc; however, if they were to win and eliminate unbelievers in America they would tear into each other like ferocious lions. Fundamentalist doctrine teaches that Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Catholics and every liberal Christian are compromising with the devil or outright deceived so they can't walk hand-in-hand for long before it will explode.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde