A quote starts an religious war.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
RE: A quote starts an religious war.
(02-06-2011 09:12 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  [Image: 12172793211671.jpg]

And the most ironic thing is that we have here two denominations of the same core religion fighting each other to see who have the sexiest way of believing in the very same imaginary friend... tsk tsk.

I laughed out loud at that photo. LOL.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Any quote from any of the religious books of the world can start a religious war because their book is better than any others and damn it if they hear any different they will kill you! They have quote after quote that gives them "ethical authority" over their actions, the religious acrobats. They then tie themselves in knots and you end up with a facepalm!

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM

(03-06-2011 04:34 PM)Stefania Wrote:  Any quote from any of the religious books of the world can start a religious war because their book is better than any others and damn it if they hear any different they will kill you! They have quote after quote that gives them "ethical authority" over their actions, the religious acrobats. They then tie themselves in knots and you end up with a facepalm!
I have the perfect picture for that. In the event you encounter that in future and wish to respond with...sign language. Tongue

[Image: jesus-facepalm.jpg]

I love the simple yet true observation of Dawkins. Religion poisons everything.

To think that, in terms of the Bible, and also other written religious doctrine and even those that remain as oral traditions, the countless real lives that have been destroyed, or wiped from the face of the earth, because people had more faith in what was jotted down on a page or repeated unto the next generation of listeners, than they had in life! Confused Astonishing.

[Image: mfln89l.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2011, 09:11 PM
The fun continues. I find it ironic that I an atheist/Buddhist is defending Catholics.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8750/part5f.jpg
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2671/part6.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3227/part7p.jpg
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/1493/part8.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2668/part9.jpg

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM

It's the centuries old same old same. My god's bigger than your god!

Though amid the Catholics, always one's for One~upmanship, there's nothing like creating their own official Bible. Rolleyes My hubby was raised in a Roman Catholic family and after moving out when he was 17, when he was 27 and married to me we made the mistake of buying a computerized KJV of the Bible for my mother-in-law, for Christmas. She refused it, because it wasn't the authorized Catholic Bible.

Not that Protestants are to ignore that slight, mind you. "Our" Bible isn't good enough for them? Meaning Catholics, of course. I attended a Christian forum a few months ago wherein there was a live chat room featuring applications for moderators, per session. In other words, if you were approved to serve as a chat Mod., anytime you were logged in you could enter chat and serve your office. The criteria to qualify included affirming the RCC was a false church. That matter of their Bible not being good enough, was actually part of a conversation I had with someone in their chat, when I inquired about the affirmation regarding the RCC.

I wonder if folks like those in the OP discussion ever consider the irony. Jesus died for the worlds sins. And the world of believers in that that he left behind, now war to prove they're the only one's that sacrifice was meant to save.
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 11:26 PM by pilgrim.)
Are all those people "friends" of the same person?
(03-06-2011 11:19 PM)pilgrim Wrote:  Are all those people "friends" of the same person?

No, I guess not, it's an org page. The martyrs must be thrilled...not.

He was part of my dream, of course--but then I was part of his dream, too!
--Alice
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2011, 11:33 PM
(03-06-2011 11:19 PM)pilgrim Wrote:  Are all those people "friends" of the same person?

No, I guess not, it's an org page. The martyrs must be thrilled...not.

Just answered himself. Might want to see an psychologist? Wink

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Looks like they want to ban me from the page and Facebook as well:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...1006419356

From the point of this thread:
Hating Catholics- ok
Believing Obama is an Muslim- ok
Admitting you don't believe in their deity- Banishment