A rant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
RE: A rant.
Parents want to hand down traditions to their children. That's just life. Sometimes, the sanctity of what they want to hand down seems more important to them than their child's freedom to choose.

I'm from Montreal. The city is host to a French majority and an English minority. We've been at odds for a few hundred years. I once new a guy when I was in the army who was raised by French parents. One day, I think he was 16, he told them that he wanted to learn English. His parents threw him out of the house.

Parents are often disappointed when their children don't follow their cultural path. When they deny their parents religion, or language, or career, or politics, or sexual orientation. The question is, do you want to make things right? If you do, you either have to find a way that you can both be cool with who you are or you need to abandon who you are to appease her. If you don't, then just be you.

I'm lucky. My mother is a Christian minister and I'm an agnostic. We're totally cool with each other. I wish you luck in your peacemaking.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I just put my religious status to "Cult of Cthulhu". Usually gets the point across and simultaneously gets enough of a chuckle to avoid confrontation.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Again religion doing more harm than good. Gotta love how people let it tear families apart. So much for tolerance and freedom of expression. You could tell her that she is athiest when it comes to the god Thor and you just took it one god further Smile
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
06-08-2010, 12:26 AM

hiiiiiiiiii
helloooooooo