A re-introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 04:35 PM
A re-introduction
So it's been a pretty freakin' long time since I was actively on this forum (two-ish years?) and obviously a lot has changed since I originally came here almost three years ago (I was 17 or so then), so I think I should re-introduce myself.

I'm very much a free-thinking atheist sort, discovered that I was truly an atheist at the age of 10 when I found out there was a word for it, am politically post-modern, not much has really changed there for those who remember me.

A bit of biography: Born in the U.S. and have lived primarily in Western Washington, Las Vegas, and am currently living in Annapolis, MD attending the United States Naval Academy. I debated in high school and did JROTC. I've been a part of numerous dancing clubs(swing, breakdancing, latin dance) and I've been in a couple of theatrical performances. I have played the cello, violin, piano, bass, and guitar, I can still play the bass and guitar, but am a bit out of practice with everything else. I'm currently trying to major in Political Science and service select submarines.

A bit more personal: I try my best to be a modern day "renaissance-man", as in I want to know a whole lot about everything, my interests are incredibly varied and I feel like specializing would not fully utilize that trait and leave me unsatisfied. I have a tendency to shut people out, and will often catch myself lying just to keep them back.

Anyways, want to know more? Ask, talk to me, or whatever.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like TheKetola's post
27-11-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: A re-introduction
An oldie rises from the grave!

Welcome back, not many forum members of your time are left. It's actually quite surprising just how few of the first generation members our still around when compared to the average forum's.

[Image: giphy.gif]
27-11-2013, 04:54 PM
I've seen a few of the classics around, the forum population of my time was a lot smaller, so the percentage is probably higher than you think.
27-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome...or welcome back...or whatever.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-11-2013, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 06:36 PM by Smercury44.)
Welcome back! Glad you've decided to come around again! It's always fun to see you posting... AND NOW MY SENTENCE IS OVER Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
27-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm really new here. Nice to meet you Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
27-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I would advise you to rethink the social science major. It's been but a very expensive piece of paper for me. Dodgy

Just kidding. Glad you're here. Smile

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
27-11-2013, 08:12 PM
(27-11-2013 04:35 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Anyways, want to know more? Ask, talk to me, or whatever.

Who were the pioneers here?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-11-2013, 08:38 PM
(27-11-2013 08:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 04:35 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Anyways, want to know more? Ask, talk to me, or whatever.

Who were the pioneers here?

Stark raving and buddy Christ are the two that come to my head first.
27-11-2013, 08:47 PM
(27-11-2013 08:38 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 08:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who were the pioneers here?

Stark raving and buddy Christ are the two that come to my head first.

Both pop in every so often.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post