RE: A reason why people remain religious
I see hbl is banned. We have one less troll atleast.Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Leo's post
18-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Quote:'Baruch' I think you need to rephrase what your saying, there are double negatives making me zone out into some hypnotic trance state.
Clear thinking helps depression.
I am saying that, since I have a mental disorder, my brain might not respond normally like most normal people would if they were to live an eternal life of no problems in which they would feel that life would have less meaning, them being bored to death, and wanting to end that life, etc. I, on the other hand, would respond to that life the opposite way since I have this mental disorder.
[/quote]

I agree with you mozart link - your possible mental disorder will make eternal life MUCH worse ! Depressed for eternity !
People not depressed might become seriously depressed by the age of 300 or maybe 1000 - but you will be depressed from now till infinity recurring. Now that sounds like Hell even if described as Heaven.

As for anhedonia how does an afterlife help if you cannot experience pleasure now put postpone to an "imagined pleasure" in the future - and even if the afterlife was pleasurable eventually we would all get anhedonia and want to die whether after 200 yrs or 1000yrs - afterlife's dont make this life any more meaningful than reincarnation and forgetting the past life.

In any case you gain pleasure NOW by thinking you will get pleasure later in some afterlife - so you can feel pleasure and somewhat contradicting yourself.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
18-08-2014, 08:04 AM
(17-08-2014 10:42 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 10:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ( ಠ_ಠ)

What about Jeremy E Walker, Miss Meng, FZUMedia, Mark Dreher, I and I, TheArcticSage and all the others?

The mods never banned trolls because of trolling. Those trolls were banned for breaking rules like having multiple accounts etc. The Jeremy walker fucker is one example.

(17-08-2014 10:47 PM)Leo Wrote:  Right now we have 3 obvious trolls like whicked clown , Mozart link and hbl shitting the boards. Nobody is doing anything about it.Dodgy

Welcome to TTA, that's how things have always worked around here. Trolls take longer to get banned here than at other places, that's the price paid for greater administrative tolerance of controversial behavior. It has its benefits too, you know. It might take longer, but trolls usually are banned eventually.

This is far from the worst assortment of trolls we've had visit the board, and hbl has already been banned for spamming. Mozart Link is probably close to receiving the boot for the same offense.

PS: Also, ArcticSage was essentially banned for trolling during Lucradis' reign and Buddy Christ did a kamikaze ban on FZU. It happens sometimes.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-08-2014, 08:16 AM
(18-08-2014 08:04 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 10:42 PM)Leo Wrote:  The mods never banned trolls because of trolling. Those trolls were banned for breaking rules like having multiple accounts etc. The Jeremy walker fucker is one example.

(17-08-2014 10:47 PM)Leo Wrote:  Right now we have 3 obvious trolls like whicked clown , Mozart link and hbl shitting the boards. Nobody is doing anything about it.Dodgy

Welcome to TTA, that's how things have always worked around here. Trolls take longer to get banned here than at other places, that's the price paid for greater administrative tolerance of controversial behavior. It has its benefits too, you know. It might take longer, but trolls usually are banned eventually.

This is far from the worst assortment of trolls we've had visit the board, and hbl has already been banned for spamming. Mozart Link is probably close to receiving the boot for the same offense.

PS: Also, ArcticSage was essentially banned for trolling during Lucradis' reign and Buddy Christ did a kamikaze ban on FZU. It happens sometimes.

Thanks for reply. Maybe I need more patience. It's hard to have patience when trolls are going too far shitting the boards. I hope Mozart link is next. The dude is posting exactly the same threads in all atheist forums.Dodgy
18-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Fear.
18-08-2014, 10:37 AM
(18-08-2014 08:49 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Fear.

I like your username, it's like "Farther From The Truth" but your saying "Farther" with a Jamaican accent. Idk if that is intentional or I just think of weird things.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-08-2014, 10:56 AM
(17-08-2014 10:57 PM)Leo Wrote:  I see hbl is banned. We have one less troll atleast.Smile

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-08-2014, 11:02 AM
(18-08-2014 10:56 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 10:57 PM)Leo Wrote:  I see hbl is banned. We have one less troll atleast.Smile

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

I hope Mozart link and whicked clown are next very soon.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
18-08-2014, 04:14 PM
(18-08-2014 08:04 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, that's how things have always worked around here. Trolls take longer to get banned here than at other places, that's the price paid for greater administrative tolerance of controversial behavior. It has its benefits too, you know.

The entertainment value alone is worth it. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post