A reason why people remain religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: A reason why people remain religious
(16-08-2014 01:39 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You have no clue what "scientific" means and you reason like a 4 year old (no offense to 4 year olds).
I am absolute 0 years old and reason like an absolute 0 year old.

I disagree - you have faulty reasoning (or attempts at "reasoning") like an adult who is incompetent. [unless you prove otherwise]
I cannot find fault in a 0 year old.
So you don't get off the hook by being 0 yrs old.

Don't abuse 0 yr olds to your level - each 0 year old could become an Einstein, Newton or Galileo, so I have great respect for 0 yr olds.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
16-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Now even if you were someone who did bad deeds, based on my reasonings, you would still be all great and special if you think you are. I know that I am just talking here with no scientific evidence to back any of it up (aside from the scientific fact that who you are as a person is your brain and that I have based all my arguments on that scientific fact alone), but we can still at least argue about this anyway even without such evidence.
16-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Same crap, different forum.
16-08-2014, 04:14 PM
(16-08-2014 01:23 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Even without scientific evidence to support my reasoning for what I just said in my last two posts, at least I (unlike you or anyone else here) have an actual argument to back up what I just said (despite the fact that, again, there is no outside scientific evidence to support it).

Thanks for demonstrating you have no concept how an argument gains merit.
16-08-2014, 04:15 PM
(16-08-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 01:23 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Even without scientific evidence to support my reasoning for what I just said in my last two posts, at least I (unlike you or anyone else here) have an actual argument to back up what I just said (despite the fact that, again, there is no outside scientific evidence to support it).

Thanks for demonstrating you have no concept how an argument gains merit.

Evidence? Ok, where's your evidence that your mind can be trusted?

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 04:20 PM
(16-08-2014 04:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Thanks for demonstrating you have no concept how an argument gains merit.

I hope you're not seriously about to argue for solipsism.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
16-08-2014, 04:20 PM
(16-08-2014 04:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Thanks for demonstrating you have no concept how an argument gains merit.

We know it can be trusted because it helps us avoid stupid people like you.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
16-08-2014, 04:30 PM
(16-08-2014 04:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Evidence? Ok, where's your evidence that your mind can be trusted?

I hope you're not seriously about to argue for solipsism.
Its all the shit heel does. He thinks Sye Ten Bruggencate has actual arguments. Haha.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
16-08-2014, 04:32 PM
(16-08-2014 04:30 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  I hope you're not seriously about to argue for solipsism.
Its all the shit heel does. He thinks Sye Ten Bruggencate has actual arguments. Haha.

Sye Ten Beuggencate's arguments prove that atheism is absurd. I have no fucking clue how you illogically dismiss them so shamelessly.

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Life is about finding your own path, empowerment, and strength in life and not giving a fuck about what others think of you and any "selfish" beliefs you might have (and, of course, helping others only if you wish and not caring about what others think if you instead choose not to help others and instead focus on yourself). This is all your own brain and your own life and you make whatever you want to make of it--not what others think (including you) who have a negative opinion of my "selfish" views.