A reason why people remain religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: A reason why people remain religious
(16-08-2014 04:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Evidence? Ok, where's your evidence that your mind can be trusted?

I hope you're not seriously about to argue for solipsism.

Blush The only reason I don't argue for solipsism is that it's premature. Gotta account for myself first. Many have tried, all have failed. Descartes' cogito ergo sum was particularly fucked up.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 07:09 PM by Mozart Link.)
16-08-2014, 07:08 PM
(16-08-2014 06:54 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 06:31 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Well, darlin', according to you, we are correct in our atheism and you have no right to try to change us. After all, if life is finding our own path, who are you to say what our right path is? Every person is different. Maybe what all our brain thinks about is right for us. You can't know every person to know whether what we do in our life is right or wrong for us. Also, according to you, we're entitled to not give a fuck about what you say about our lives. Because life is about finding our own path and not giving a fuck about what people like you have to say about it. This is our life, our "selfish" brain, our moral. Not yours. We decided there is no god, just as your "selfish" mind has decided there should be a god for you to cling to. And yes, that means you shouldn't give a fuck if we care whether or not you believe in a god.

In short, we live our lives as we see fit. We don't give a fuck about what you say and we sure as hell won't change no matter how "selfish" or whatever you think we are.

And, by the by, who isn't selfish to a fault? No one can live a life for another person. Of course everyone acts for themselves whether it's helping people to make yourself happy, sitting on your ass and playing video games because you enjoy gaming, passing that car on the highway because you want to drive five miles an hour over the speed limit, or any of the things we do in life.
Although I do agree with all of this, if you are really fine being the lesser being who has little to no sense of self-importance, grandeur, etc., then go right ahead. But if you are someone who thinks they are all that special and great for being atheists, discovering the truth, helping others, etc., then that is a different story and would make you the better and superior person as long as you have a sense of self-importance, grandeur, etc.

Then it's settled. I'm happy where I am in life and don't give a fuck about what you think about it. I don't think I'm better than another person. Just living life as I see fit like many of these fine people on this forum are doing. Ain't nothing special about it I suppose.Not any more special than any one else's life, that's for sure. Life's life and we all gotta live it in our own way.

[Image: notagain.gif]
16-08-2014, 07:13 PM
16-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Seriously though, close to 9 fucking threads of the same goddamn shit. How much do you need to spam before you get the boot?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
16-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Re: A reason why people remain religious
Who wants power of self?

If you're keener on questioning now, why so you keep abandoning threads and creating new ones which all surround the same topic of how you want to be?

The idea that self thinking you're special, therefore you're special, therefore you think you're special is circular logic. It's not a scientific argument to say one is social. You should talk to Lumi more, you'd find answers exist there. Do you think there is a moral good?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2014, 07:26 PM
(16-08-2014 07:18 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Who wants power of self?
For those people who can not stand being a lesser person in any sense (whether it be through humility, through the perspective of this universe in that we have no grand special purpose, etc.) and wish to have power and control in their lives.
16-08-2014, 07:27 PM
(16-08-2014 07:26 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
For those people who can not stand being a lesser person in any sense (whether it be through humility, through the perspective of this universe in that we have no grand special purpose, etc.) and wish to have power and control in their lives.

If that's what you think, why on earth does Christianity attract you? Shocking

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Re: RE: A reason why people remain religious
(16-08-2014 07:26 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  

Why would they think there's such a thing as lesser or greater?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-08-2014, 03:02 AM
(16-08-2014 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:20 PM)One Above All Wrote:  I hope you're not seriously about to argue for solipsism.

Blush The only reason I don't argue for solipsism is that it's premature. Gotta account for myself first. Many have tried, all have failed. Descartes' cogito ergo sum was particularly fucked up.

GirlyMan, I am disappoint. No
Solipsism is stupid, plain and simple. It's devaluing reality itself. However, putting that bit aside for now, under solipsism, you can't prove anything. And I do mean anything whatsoever. Seriously; try it.
Decartes's cogito ergo sum is not just fucked up; it's a false and unsupported assumption (under solipsism).

(16-08-2014 07:16 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Seriously though, close to 9 fucking threads of the same goddamn shit. How much do you need to spam before you get the boot?

You know, there is a "Report" button. Just saying.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?