A recent protest in Portugal ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Question A recent protest in Portugal ...
... and guess who were the police and who were the protestors ?

[Image: 635297892034773733.jpg]
[Image: 635297891740869217.jpg]
[Image: 635297892422746414.jpg]
[Image: 635297892636622790.jpg]
[Image: 635297892973895382.jpg]

Silly me, I forgot it was a police protest against the country's stringent monetary policy.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 01:27 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
RE: A recent protest in Portugal ...
Could you like, not partake in snarky, underhanded jabs at your audience that make implicit and explicit over generalizations of the entire forum population's viewpoints? You can't just sweep us all under the same rug because you observe a few members professing certain outlooks. It's the same thing that I&I did and it more than anything made him an insufferable prick to interact with.

I don't remember you being like this when you joined. What changed?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
07-03-2014, 08:48 PM
(07-03-2014 01:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Could you like, not partake in snarky, underhanded jabs at your audience that make implicit and explicit over generalizations of the entire forum population's viewpoints? You can't just sweep us all under the same rug because you observe a few members professing certain outlooks. It's the same thing that I&I did and it more than anything made him an insufferable prick to interact with.

I don't remember you being like this when you joined. What changed?

I realized that I have made fun of people who were in suffering, and this kind of behavior looks like an insufferable prick. I think I indeed swept all audient with the same rug, snarky and underhanded, and made an implicit and explicit over generalization of the entire forum population's viewpoints.

Why did I do this ?

What do I come to this forum for ?

I think I came here to exchange information. I practice saying things in English and hope for interesting replies to go on with. And this is like the second or third time you replied to me with such explicity of what you think. And like 80% of the time my "audience" is like Chas, Earmuffs (thank sky and earth, there's always DLJ). So I think I might subconciously found it fun to address them in such an ironic tone to penetrate their hypocracy, which, as I once noticed, was a bad taste of humor, that I didn't know would be such an insuffarable prick ...

Since you are one of my audience, like what I did when I first came to this place, I would like to ask you, which part of my posts do you find interesting ? What do you find interesting and would like to share with me ?

Want something? Then do something.
10-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Hypocracy?
Son, I live in New Zealand not Portugal.
In fact a bunch of people had a protest down the main street in our biggest city the other day to protest the cities mayor.
Where were the police? They were directing traffic so that the protestors could march down one side of the street and cars could drive on the other. They were completely free to protest their point of view, despite the fact it was stupid.

As always, the only hypocrisy in this thread is coming from you HU.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]