A referance in the latest podcast...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2011, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2011 01:59 AM by stimuli.)
A referance in the latest podcast...
Hello TTA community!

I was watching (listening) to Seth's latest podcast on his youtube channel....the one with Religious Antagonist and Dave Silverman and at about 1:24:15 Seth mentions a video he likes to point people to by Donald Prothero called (something like) "Evolution: Why its true and why it matters".

He mentions there's a link to it on the youtube page but I could not find it. I also could not find this lecture via search.

Could someone please point me to where I could watch this lecture?

thank you.

"It takes a smart man to know when he's being stupid." ~~Barney Rubble
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2011, 02:39 AM
RE: A referance in the latest podcast...
I think he was refering to Don Prothero's Evolution: What the fossils say and why it matters. It's a book, not a lecture. A book coincidentally that I own. =]

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
31-10-2011, 11:32 PM
(31-10-2011 02:39 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  I think he was refering to Don Prothero's Evolution: What the fossils say and why it matters. It's a book, not a lecture. A book coincidentally that I own. =]

he specificly stated it was a video of a lecture about 90 minutes long.

"It takes a smart man to know when he's being stupid." ~~Barney Rubble
31-10-2011, 11:34 PM
I've heard him mention it before but never looked for it, might need to check.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I've checked it out after a previous mention of it he made before and I enjoyed the the video. It is long and it is actually 1 hour and 45 minutes.

It's on Michael Shermer's youtube page as.

Evolution: How We Know It happend & Why it matters
03-11-2011, 06:49 AM
haha, this thread reminded me to update the podcast link in the main forum page. Thanks for that!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 06:17 PM by houseofcantor.)
(03-11-2011 06:49 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  haha, this thread reminded me to update the podcast link in the main forum page. Thanks for that!

So that's how it happened!

I clicked a link, went to "blog radio" or something; seemed from the summary that they were already criticizing Mike Lee - can't have none o' that. Tongue

I went back there... I guess it does work in Chrome. Listened to twelve minutes. Good stuff - but it's kinda boring 'cause I know all this stuff. Lee still rox. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]