A reminder that atheists can be jerkoffs too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: A reminder that atheists can be jerkoffs too
(23-05-2012 04:21 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Oh trust me I know just how bad atheists can be. I mean it's not like I've become a personal target for half of the people on this website because I'm promoting some rather controversial ideas. Angel No everyone on this website is so understanding and I wanted to thank them all so much!
So... you're complaining because certain users don't like people who are delusional enough to claim that the Holocaust was caused by diseases, even though they are provided with a huge amount of evidence supporting that the opposite is the case? And because these users also don't like people who claim that certain things are facts without providing any evidence? But what am I suggesting here? You're not one of these people, because you're much smarter than that.

Seriously now, you may want to check your personal rating so that you know why you're being disliked by a hand full of people. It's not solely thanks to the fact that you're making above claims, it's also because of your attitude. You would know that if you would've read any of them.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2012, 04:37 PM
(23-05-2012 04:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  So... you're complaining because certain users don't like people who are delusional enough to claim that the Holocaust was caused by diseases, even though they are provided with a huge amount of evidence supporting that the opposite is the case? And because these users also don't like people who claim that certain things are facts without providing any evidence? But what am I suggesting here? You're not one of these people, because you're much smarter than that.

Seriously now, you may want to check your personal rating so that you know why you're being disliked by a hand full of people. It's not solely thanks to the fact that you're making above claims, it's also because of your attitude. You would know that if you would've read any of them.
Why must everything be about the holocaust to you people? It's like every time I post something it becomes about the holocaust. Please do not derail this kind man's thread with such talk. And my attitude has been quite good here, have I slipped up before? A few times with some trolls but nothing serious. Sad
23-05-2012, 04:58 PM
(23-05-2012 04:37 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Why must everything be about the holocaust to you people? It's like every time I post something it becomes about the holocaust. Please do not derail this kind man's thread with such talk. And my attitude has been quite good here, have I slipped up before? A few times with some trolls but nothing serious. Sad
Now that's a good question. It's certainly not because you opened multiple threads about the Holocaust and similar topics.

I absolutely despise starting a personal debate on a public forum, but since you claim to have a good attitude towards other people, here are a few examples of you "slipping up":

No. 1 "Really? This is how you choose to respond? This is your worthless response to a relatively simple question? A YES OR NO answer? AND YOU can't even answer it?"

No. 2 "So if this is your response then what are you doing on a forum dedicated to thought and free thinking? If your only purpose to be here is to troll, you might want to rethink your life's purpose."

No. 3 "I can't say about the wrong forum, but I can guarantee you you're not in the right thread if this is what you're going to be talking about. Seriously, your inability to answer a simple question astounds me."

Do you want me to go on?

23-05-2012, 05:04 PM
(23-05-2012 04:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Now that's a good question. It's certainly not because you opened multiple threads about the Holocaust and similar topics.

I absolutely despise starting a personal debate on a public forum, but since you claim to have a good attitude towards other people, here are a few examples of you "slipping up":

No. 1 "Really? This is how you choose to respond? This is your worthless response to a relatively simple question? A YES OR NO answer? AND YOU can't even answer it?"

No. 2 "So if this is your response then what are you doing on a forum dedicated to thought and free thinking? If your only purpose to be here is to troll, you might want to rethink your life's purpose."

No. 3 "I can't say about the wrong forum, but I can guarantee you you're not in the right thread if this is what you're going to be talking about. Seriously, your inability to answer a simple question astounds me."

Do you want me to go on?
Right then, don't even bother posting what they posted. That's not even close to a bad attitude. I posted those to get them to stop trolling, spamming, and posting irrelevant things in my thread. They knew what they were doing and I was hoping to get them to think logically by criticizing their posts. Kineo even admitted that he was trolling.

Perhaps you're being judgmental?
23-05-2012, 05:12 PM
(23-05-2012 05:04 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Right then, don't even bother posting what they posted. That's not even close to a bad attitude. I posted those to get them to stop trolling, spamming, and posting irrelevant things in my thread. They knew what they were doing and I was hoping to get them to think logically by criticizing their posts. Kineo even admitted that he was trolling.

Perhaps you're being judgmental?
If I didn't want anyone to know which posts these quotes were reffering to, I obviously wouldn't have included the links to the respective posts of yours.

It also does not matter what they've posted, since your way of replying was one of the most arrogant ones I've seen in a while. It's not like you asked them to stop in a nice way, your very first reply to one of the posts was a direct insult to the user. You could've just asked them to stop derailing the thread, but you didn't. You decided to attack them on a personal level.

Are you sure that you know what a good attitude is?

23-05-2012, 05:32 PM
(23-05-2012 05:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If I didn't want anyone to know which posts these quotes were reffering to, I obviously wouldn't have included the links to the respective posts of yours.

It also does not matter what they've posted, since your way of replying was one of the most arrogant ones I've seen in a while. It's not like you asked them to stop in a nice way, your very first reply to one of the posts was a direct insult to the user. You could've just asked them to stop derailing the thread, but you didn't. You decided to attack them on a personal level.

Are you sure that you know what a good attitude is?
I'm really starting to think your being judgmental here, or you are new to the internet. People don't stop because you ask them nicely. Is the U.S. going to stop killing innocent afghans and bombing their homes with cruise missiles if they asked nicely? Is that really how you think the world works?

Now I might use sarcasm but I wouldn't consider that a bad attitude. I do think it matters what they posted though, what they posted gives me a good idea of how to respond to them.
23-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Make this baby fight private or use the fight thread. I'd link you but I don't feel like looking for it.
If this fight is important enough for you then one of you find it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
23-05-2012, 05:47 PM
1. Drama, allegation, hearsay.It’s all over FB on this topic.I’m not condoning bad behavior; it just seems as though everyone, EVERYONE on FB is putting their 2 cents in when no one is quite sure what happened, with the exception of a few bloggers and speakers, who aren’t releasing names or details.

2. TheArcticSage; "Why must everything be about the holocaust to you people?"
Excuse me but who are the "you people" you refer to? The Jews? Atheists? People with manners?
That right there is offensive. Reading this post, I find it interesting that you derail this thread by mentioning people's reaction to your posts on other threads (which are not relevant to this conversation), then accusing someone else of derailing this thread by addressing yours.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
23-05-2012, 05:52 PM
(23-05-2012 05:47 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  1. Drama, allegation, hearsay.It’s all over FB on this topic.I’m not condoning bad behavior; it just seems as though everyone, EVERYONE on FB is putting their 2 cents in when no one is quite sure what happened, with the exception of a few bloggers and speakers, who aren’t releasing names or details.

2. TheArcticSage; "Why must everything be about the holocaust to you people?"
Excuse me but who are the "you people" you refer to? The Jews? Atheists? People with manners?
That right there is offensive. Reading this post, I find it interesting that you derail this thread by mentioning people's reaction to your posts on other threads (which are not relevant to this conversation), then accusing someone else of derailing this thread by addressing yours.
Please take any and all issues you have with me to the Fight Thread and derail this one no longer please.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
23-05-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 07:44 PM by DeepThought.)
I've seen this thing pop up before and I thought it was hyped up to ridiculous extremes. It's one of those things people get emotional about even without having any information.

The mind likes to fill in the blanks and people see what they want to see. Taking any course of action at this stage or even treating it like its a major epidemic is going a bit too far isn't it?

Especially when all these emotional people are wanting to frantically take action on a bunch of assumptions. This is the worst time to do anything. When uninformed people think they know what's going on.

It's going to be the patriot act all over again!
If we are all going to panic and hastily pass legislation then I vote that we have cameras with night-vision streaming to the internet installed in the hotel rooms of all atheist speakers. Especially if they are hot and female! Big Grin

No privacy for anyone, and no confusion as to what is really going on, since everything is on camera all the time. Lets do that!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss