A request for anecdotes from those who endured the 80s/90s Satanic Panic.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: A request for anecdotes from those who endured the 80s/90s Satanic Panic.
This is all I remember about it.

Turn me on dead man. Turn me on dead man. Turn me on dead man.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I worked as a reporter for the L.A. Times during the last part of the bullshit McMartin Preschool fiasco — believe me, there was a "Satanic panic." I didn't cover it, but someone in our bureau (Santa Monica) did, and it was utterly fucking outrageous.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
21-12-2015, 08:29 PM
(21-12-2015 07:26 PM)claywise Wrote:  I worked as a reporter for the L.A. Times during the last part of the bullshit McMartin Preschool fiasco — believe me, there was a "Satanic panic." I didn't cover it, but someone in our bureau (Santa Monica) did, and it was utterly fucking outrageous.

If things are gonna get weird -- LA is the place that it's likely to happen...........................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-12-2015, 09:06 PM
I was in 7th grade in 1985.
My parents had yanked me out of the public school in a small town in Colorado, and placed me in a baptist private school, hoping that the experience would get me to become the daughter they always wanted.
At this point, i was transitioning my music appreciation from colorful pop, (i.e.: Duran Duran, Culture Club etc.) into the darker side. This was when the Shout at the Devil album came out, and pentagrams became cool to draw on everything.

The school principle sat me down and made me listen to a tape recording of Tipper Gore, telling me how satanic rock music was. I remember listening to some kids talk about how at the Motley Crue concert, the drum beat seemed to take over their own heartbeat and then an entire section devoted to back masking, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This school was my introduction to fundies... i wasn't able to sit down comfortably for most of the school year... swats, ya know... they're delicious.Drooling
24-12-2015, 07:21 AM
(20-12-2015 08:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well this song was made in reaction against the Judas Priest suit & Ozzy/Other metal bashing for suicides.

Catchy tune! I like it.