A rock is a rock.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: A rock is a rock.
(19-09-2014 11:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not superior to Zeus or Krishna or Odin either. Nor are any of them superior to me. Superiority is a meaningless concept with respect to something that doesn't exist.

God does exist. Drinking Beverage

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. You're not impressing me or anyone else here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2014, 12:48 PM
(19-09-2014 11:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not superior to Zeus or Krishna or Odin either. Nor are any of them superior to me. Superiority is a meaningless concept with respect to something that doesn't exist.

God does exist. Drinking Beverage

You need professional mental health treatment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-09-2014, 02:38 PM
(19-09-2014 11:46 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:35 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Your statement has nothing to do with the statement to which you're replying. Your statement also doesn't make sense. When faced with the complete and utter lack of evidence for God's existence, I withhold belief. It has nothing to do with obedience.

By asking for evidence of God, you're saying that you're superiour to God. Hint: You're not.

Um, no it isn't. Jebus gave you a brain to
reason with. Now you're trying to tell us he doesn't want you to use it. In fact diddo-the-dumb-one, YOU also practice the very thing you claim you're against. YOU use your brain to listen to your butt-buddy Sye. YOU came to your position by using your brain. NOW, you're trying to tell us NOT to do the very thing you did/do ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Come on guys, belittling diddo is unbecoming.

Diddo:

your assertion that 'god does exist' is unsupported.
until you do provide verifiable supporting evidence, you assertion will not believed.
just like a used car salesman trying to sell 'this really great one-owner car driven by an old lady', I ain't going to hand over cash on his say-so.

All assertions MUST be supported by demonstrable evidence. There is no valid reason to believe something that is not supported by evidence.
22-09-2014, 08:08 AM
(19-09-2014 06:25 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Come on guys, belittling diddo is unbecoming.

Diddo:

until you do provide verifiable supporting evidence, you assertion will not believed.
just like a used car salesman trying to sell 'this really great one-owner car driven by an old lady', I ain't going to hand over cash on his say-so.

All assertions MUST be supported by demonstrable evidence. There is no valid reason to believe something that is not supported by evidence.

[Image: 8Nx9Qco.png]

Truth seeker.
22-09-2014, 08:16 AM
(22-09-2014 08:08 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 06:25 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Come on guys, belittling diddo is unbecoming.

Diddo:

[Image: 8Nx9Qco.png]

Thanks for demonstrating you have nothing but cartoons.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-09-2014, 08:51 AM
(22-09-2014 08:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:08 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  [Image: 8Nx9Qco.png]

Thanks for demonstrating you have nothing but cartoons.

Cartoons that prove that atheism is absurd?

Truth seeker.
22-09-2014, 09:57 AM
(22-09-2014 08:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thanks for demonstrating you have nothing but cartoons.

Cartoons that prove that atheism is absurd?

Yet another non sequitur. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Diddo, do you think you're making a valid argument...or sense?

It is very mind numbing to know people like you are so delusional and so numerous.
22-09-2014, 11:02 AM
(14-09-2014 08:50 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Simple response to a zealot questioning "why should I abandon the belief that comforts me, for a belief that offers me nothing?":

"A rock is a rock. Fire is hot. Space is cold. Oranges aren't good until they're ripe....

Truth is not defined by, nor has anything to do with 'comfort', nor the provision of comfort. Truth and fact are what they are, whether they give comfort or not."

My normal response to why remove faith from someone?

I used to just ignore religion as it has no meaning to me, but then again, as I have stated before I can no longer just look the other way. You have to study the effects of religion, and most major religions to be able to identify the bad emotional impacts subjugation causes. Also on the thought that "why take away faith if it helps people get through the day"...I've never really understood how removing a bad way to reason will make it difficult to get through the day. If anything, it would seem that correcting someone's reasoning would significantly increase their chances of getting through their day.

With reliable forms of reasoning comes the capability of crafting conditions that enable people to navigate life's obstacles. By using a more reliable form of reasoning, people are more capable of bringing about conditions that enable them to flourish.

To argue that people need faith is to abandon hope, and to condescend and accuse the faithful of being incapable of understanding the importance of reason and rationality. There are better and worse ways to come to terms with death, to find strength during times of personal crisis, to make meaning and purpose in our lives, to interpret our sense of awe and wonder, and to contribute to human well-being...and the faithful are completely capable of understanding and achieving this..if they would only try.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post