A rock is a rock.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: A rock is a rock.
(23-09-2014 11:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. Who do you give evidence to? The judge. Asking for evidence says that you're the judge of God. Hint: You're not

2. Once again, this only applies to God, as he is a perfect being.

3. God can be demonstrated to exist by virtue that nothing could exist without him.

4. Ooh, more insults Evil_monster

5. That is not grammatically correct. Derp. Evil_monster

It's a shame you didn't follow through with your promise from a few weeks ago.

I just made a similar comment in another thread, and then came here and read this. I guess great minds think alike.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2014, 12:00 PM
(23-09-2014 11:39 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 11:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's a shame you didn't follow through with your promise from a few weeks ago.

I just made a similar comment in another thread, and then came here and read this. I guess great minds think alike.

Yeah, I'm retarded. Hobo

Truth seeker.
24-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Let's say I claim there is an infinite well connected to the oceans. If such a well existed, the water from the oceans would flow into it and we wouldn't have water in the oceans.

Since we do have water in the oceans, we can deduce that an infinite well connected to the oceans does not exist.

The same can be said for this finite universe and an infinite "something" that if existed would draw all the energy of universe into that infinity.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-09-2014, 11:59 AM
(24-09-2014 11:16 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Let's say I claim there is an infinite well connected to the oceans. If such a well existed, the water from the oceans would flow into it and we wouldn't have water in the oceans.

Since we do have water in the oceans, we can deduce that an infinite well connected to the oceans does not exist.

The same can be said for this finite universe and an infinite "something" that if existed would draw all the energy of universe into that infinity.

False analogy. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
24-09-2014, 09:12 PM
When you assert that an infinitely powerful being exists, that means it's connected to this finite universe. Do you know what happens when you connect a large power source to a small child's toy ?

That toy ceases to be a toy. Instead you have a lump of plastic.

If the toy shows no signs of harm, then you can conclude it has not come in contact with an extremely large power source or a three year old child.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-09-2014, 09:54 PM
(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. Who do you give evidence to? The judge. Asking for evidence says that you're the judge of God.

Um... no... I'm the one of the one's asking for evidence... Does that make me a Judge? Consider

(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  2. Once again, this only applies to God, as he is a perfect being.

How do you know...? Consider

(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  3. God can be demonstrated to exist by virtue that nothing could exist without him.

How do you know? Consider

Much cheers to all.
24-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't expect him to reply with honest answers.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
24-09-2014, 10:15 PM
(24-09-2014 10:08 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Don't expect him to reply with honest answers.

Well.. I think the batting average between our posts answering each other is at about 50%. Sad

On my side, it's because of shift work/different time zones and such.

Much cheers to all.
24-09-2014, 10:29 PM
"God exists because nothing would exist without him."

You fucking kidding me? That is the kind of answer I'd expect to hear from a child. A brain incapable of higher thought processes.

"It is because I say it is."
24-09-2014, 10:34 PM
(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  1. Who do you give evidence to? The judge. Asking for evidence says that you're the judge of God.

Um... no... I'm the one of the one's asking for evidence... Does that make me a Judge? Consider

EDIT: That's what I get for not being awake properly and posting.

Stupid statement by me is stupid. Sad

I suppose a better wording/phrase would be

"No.. .. by asking for evidence I am not trying to judge God... just the existence of said god.

Much like I can ask for the evidence of the existence of a make/type of car... but make no claims as to other things, such as how it handles/drives/performs/etc... (Though, that might come later Smile )

(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  2. Once again, this only applies to God, as he is a perfect being.

How do you know...? Consider

(23-09-2014 11:29 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  3. God can be demonstrated to exist by virtue that nothing could exist without him.

How do you know? Consider

Much cheers to all.