A rock is a rock.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: A rock is a rock.
(24-09-2014 10:29 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  "God exists because nothing would exist without him."

You fucking kidding me? That is the kind of answer I'd expect to hear from a child. A brain incapable of higher thought processes.

"It is because I say it is."

You were expecting better? From diddo?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2014, 01:49 AM
(25-09-2014 12:32 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 10:29 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  "God exists because nothing would exist without him."

You fucking kidding me? That is the kind of answer I'd expect to hear from a child. A brain incapable of higher thought processes.

"It is because I say it is."

You were expecting better? From diddo?

No but it's getting really fucking old watching him repeat the same bullshit again and again and act like a smug little bitch in the process.

There are people who claim to know what they cannot know...and then there is dildo.
28-09-2014, 07:41 PM
(14-09-2014 08:50 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  Simple response to a zealot questioning "why should I abandon the belief that comforts me, for a belief that offers me nothing?":

"A rock is a rock. Fire is hot. Space is cold. Oranges aren't good until they're ripe....

Truth is not defined by, nor has anything to do with 'comfort', nor the provision of comfort. Truth and fact are what they are, whether they give comfort or not."

If they value comfort over truth though, their point still stands.
(19-09-2014 11:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not superior to Zeus or Krishna or Odin either. Nor are any of them superior to me. Superiority is a meaningless concept with respect to something that doesn't exist.

God does exist. Drinking Beverage

A claim you have yet to demonstrate, despite all the time you've been allotted to do so.

[Image: giphy.gif]