A sign from Seth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 07:56 AM
A sign from Seth?
This was found in a hotel room in (of all places) Salt Lake City, UT. Just thought it was THAT cool.

I will leave it as a bookmark in Deuteronomy, during my next travels...unless someone has a better location.

Thanks Seth (and crew).

[Image: img_0538-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like UnusedGreyMatter's post
31-08-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: A sign from Seth?
Nice choice.

Welcome to TTA.

Smile

31-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Very cool Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-08-2015, 08:56 AM
A sign? Doubt it.

"fuck! that's where I left it!"

[Image: oscar.png]
31-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Good effort - think I'll just wait for my TTA T-shirt to piss off the vicar when he next tells me that I need to believe in the holy ghost to make it real. At the mo I can only faceplate and groan loudly, then hit logic (and we all know reason isn't an acceptable argument with a vicar). The UK isn't as religion-free as people think.
31-08-2015, 09:10 AM
(31-08-2015 09:07 AM)magic roundabout Wrote:  Good effort - think I'll just wait for my TTA T-shirt to piss off the vicar when he next tells me that I need to believe in the holy ghost to make it real. At the mo I can only faceplate and groan loudly, then hit logic (and we all know reason isn't an acceptable argument with a vicar). The UK isn't as religion-free as people think.

Similarly, welcome to TTA.

And thanks! I now have the magic roundabout tune in my head.

Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2015, 10:03 AM
(31-08-2015 09:07 AM)magic roundabout Wrote:  Good effort - think I'll just wait for my TTA T-shirt to piss off the vicar when he next tells me that I need to believe in the holy ghost to make it real. At the mo I can only faceplate and groan loudly, then hit logic (and we all know reason isn't an acceptable argument with a vicar). The UK isn't as religion-free as people think.

Yeah, I admire you guys' attempt to export all your religious crazies to the Colonies... but it appears you didn't get 'em all.

Epic fail!

(Welcome to TTA!)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
31-08-2015, 10:25 AM
(31-08-2015 08:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nice choice.

Welcome to TTA.

Smile

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually been a TTA fan for many many years, and working on my second round through all the podcasts. It is sometimes funny to hear how Seth has evolved over the last five years. Late 2010 and early 2011 he never heard of the Unitarian Universalists, pronounced the name Hovind as Hah-vind, thought climate change was bunk, and lot's of other humorous small stuff. Maybe I just enjoy the little intricacies. It would be good to document the evolution of the podcast though as I start again from the beginning...I think he would enjoy it.

Off track...sorry. Anyway, I just thought it was absolutely too cool that a TTA wristband made it through the cleaning service and landed in my lap, from a hotel room in SLC. Other than conventions/rallies...I never see anyone wearing his stuff. Pretty conservative area I live in though.

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to the forums.
[+] 1 user Likes UnusedGreyMatter's post
31-08-2015, 11:46 AM
(31-08-2015 10:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Yeah, I admire you guys' attempt to export all your religious crazies to the Colonies... but it appears you didn't get 'em all.

Epic fail!

(Welcome to TTA!)

Yeah, sorry about that - bloody Puritans needed people to have a go at, all our witches had been hanged and we'd given up that stuff. Brits seem to export ridiculous tosh wherever the union flag got planted.

Anyone know why this, of all sites, can't deal with the word FACEPALM?
31-08-2015, 01:55 PM
(31-08-2015 08:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  A sign? Doubt it.

"fuck! that's where I left it!"

I see. So you followed one of those white shirt/tie guys all the way home. Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.